anyone had high hcg levels? What were the next steps?

teaandme

Reaction score
I am 6+2 and my hcg is 86,000, the normal range is 1,080 – 56,500 mIU/ml so my levels are really high and I guess explain the horrible morning sickness I have been having. I get the next lab check in 2 days. From what I understand, high levels could mean nothing but could also multiple pregnancies, birth defects or a molar pregnancy which makes me really worried.

I've had some brown spotting which is why I contacted my midwife, I was concerned this wasn't a viable pregnancy so very surprised at the high levels.

Has anyone else had very high levels? Did your midwife or doctor recommend any additional testing or a scan?

From my personal experiances if your in the UK then no they won't recommemed any extra tests or scans purely because the range of normal is huge. The numbers you quoted really are just a guide. You could be a few days further along than you think or just have a very strong little one, or even possibly multiples. There's been quite a few ladies post recently with very high levels. If the spotting continues though then make sure to inform your midwife as they may want to refer you to the epu. Good luck and congratulations.

Mine were over 18,000 at 4 weeks 6days with daughter. According to the online charts the average for where I was is only just over 3,000, and my number would have put me nearer or into the 6 weeks range. I had a scan the following week, which confirmed I was only 4w6d when the hcg was taken. One baby and she is just fine. The online charts are only a guide. My OB wasn't concerned at all with my numbers bc he said he's seen such huge ranges for hcg. Congratulations and best of luck to you!!

Oh, and the scan the following week wasn't bc my hcg numbers were high. My OB does a scan once hcg is high enough to suggest something could be seen on a scan as he says they are more informative than hcg.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->