Anyone had infertility investigations privately?

caline

Reaction score
I was due to have an HSG 3 weeks ago but had to cancel as I had a another long cycle and my period was still there on the day I should have had it. I rang the department and they said they'd send my another appointment. A week later I got a letter through and was given a date 7 weeks down the line! I phoned up and asked if there was any sooner appointments only to be told that they are totally booked up for the next 7 weeks!!

My appointment is only 4 weeks away now, but my last 2 cycles have been extra long ones, and I just have a got feeling things are going to go against me this month too, which would mean waiting another 7 weeks.

I feel that I am wasting so much time waiting for this investigation which, from what I've heard takes about 20 mins. Has anyone in the UK had one done privately? I have AXA PPP health insurance, which I am pretty sure does not cover anything to do with infertility, but we would probably be able to afford to pay for one, if we found some place that would do them privately.

If the HSG is normal I am getting referred for IUI straight away, according to my gynae reg. Its just taking so long and I am 36 and feel the clock ticking loudly in my head!

Sorry about your frustrating wait for the HSG. I'm having my fertility treatment privatly but it didnt involve HSG so am unable to answer your question. Just wanted to pass on my support, I know how you feel with the clock ticking...am 36 too!

I found this on goodle, it might be a help to you, I guess it depends where you live or willing to travel.
[removed at request of the website owner]

That is very frustrating for you, i hate even small delays as want to get on with IVF as I too am 36 and feel time slipping through my fingers. Maybe you could ring up and ask about cancellations?

I am sure a private clinic will do it for you, just ring around a few. I expect it will cost about 500 though.

Hey, I had my HSG done privately, was booked within a week if i remember correctly, was definitely worth it
xx

Hi, I have AXA PPP healthcare, when I found out I needed a lap and dye I contacted them straight away - they told me they do not cover any investigations for infertility - but if I was having the op for another reason then they would have covered it!

We contacted our local private hospital and were quoted £2000!! :shock: We were shocked how much the op cost's.

I was surprised to receive a letter a few days later offering operation date of only 3 weeks wait via NHS so we waited and had it done on NHS.

You must be very frustrated - I was worried as AF was due around time of the op and I had already started spotting but they went ahead with the op anyway.

Good luck with what ever path you choose x

Could you not see your doctor about prescribing something to delay your AF? I know it can be done. A friend of mine did it when she was due to have testing done.

Hey

My Private Healthcare does not cover Infertility but does cover "Investigations into and treatment of cause" worth looking into this with them hun. xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->