Anyone had NO signs of labour?

Talia12

Reaction score
I'm 39 weeks and I just feel I have zero signs of approaching labour...
Very few and mild braxton hicks, no back pain, no pelvic pressure, no mucus plug, no clearout...
It's kind of disheartening. The midwife said baby had dropped when I saw her at 38+1 but I feel like she's moved back up a bit higher.

My waters breaking with my son was pretty out of the blue at 39+3 but I'm sure I'd had SOME sign labour was coming :shrug: Anyone had this and not gone overdue? I do know that some women have tons of signs that end up lasting weeks so it's no guarantee of anything...but it's still frustrating!

I had nothing with DS#1 until my water broke at 38+5. Nothing but Braxton Hicks with this one.

I hope mine goes like that! I just feel like something should be happening by now and I'm convinced I'm going to go over my due date, which I know isn't the end of the world but can't help feeling downhearted about it :nope:

I had absolutely nothing with my son up until the day I was induced at 39+6. I wasn't allowed to go over but I was really hoping I would get there alone but nope, NADA.

This time around, I'm not sure what is a sign and what isn't. I have Ulcerative Colitis which is in active flare so I've been clearing out for days now but is that illness or a sign? Same as I've had back pain radiating into my front for a week now, again, illness or sign? It's so frustrating isn't it, I'm sorry that it's making you feel so disheartened x

I was 5cm dilated before I had any signs of labour at all with my first.

If it helps, I was induced at 39+5 with my daughter and had lost some mucus plug, had braxton hicks for weeks etc but when I went into hospital, there was no way she was coming anytime soon, it took 4 pesscaries and a synconin drip to get things started. I wasn't allowed to go over my due date though so had to be done but I think I definitely would have went over if I had been left to go myself.

With my first I had nothing until 39+4 agents I lost my cervical plug, 2 days later early labour, 3 days later, baby!

Thanks ladies...I'm hoping it doesn't mean too much either way. I'm really impatient for baby to come now! Now I feel like she's back up in my ribs after having dropped last week...also got bad heartburn again... sigh.

Fingers crossed Talia! X

Thank you, mine too! I know I need to remember that this is the last bit now and all that matters is that baby gets here safely.
But I think we all get impatient right at the end! I read a thing on another forum in my crazy googling yesterday (haha) where someone said, imagine you'd booked your wedding day and you had that date fixed in your mind for 9 months and were counting down to that day and then at the last minute right when you were super excited, someone told you it was postponed for up to two weeks, you'd be pissed. Haha. So true.

If it helps, I had a lot of BH and so much pressure at the end of my pregnancy that I was convinced I was going to go early... nope :haha: she was born at 41+1. Think it’s just something that happens when it wants, regardless xxx

I had absolutely no signs! Saw the midwife the day before for a sweep and she said baby was high and no signs of her coming. Next morning went to the bank, did the Tesco shop and on the way back from the school run at 3.30 had a few cramps. Got stronger and stronger, never had a show of anything else. Got to the hospital at 6.31 and waters broke on the way in and she was born at 6.34 so all over from first contraction to delivery in 3 hours, my first 2 were both 26 hour labours!!! Hope you have a baby soon ☺

Have to say I agree from what I've read that having loads of signs is no guarantee either! And it is actually probably even MORE disheartening to have loads of signs and no baby :shrug: :haha:

I had absolutely no signs! Saw the midwife the day before for a sweep and she said baby was high and no signs of her coming. Next morning went to the bank, did the Tesco shop and on the way back from the school run at 3.30 had a few cramps. Got stronger and stronger, never had a show of anything else. Got to the hospital at 6.31 and waters broke on the way in and she was born at 6.34 so all over from first contraction to delivery in 3 hours, my first 2 were both 26 hour labours!!! Hope you have a baby soon ☺

Oh wow!! I'll have some of that please! Haha. Congratulations!!! Saw your thread the other day about being overdue :cloud9:
I had a long labour with my ds but the first part was like what you said really - midwife told me at 39w that he was high and that I'd go overdue, my waters went at 39+3 :shrug: oh these babies just do what they want I suppose haha.
Really hope I'm one of these ladies who comes back on soon saying "yeah scratch what I said, just had a baby" haha <3

Going overdue really sucks! Fingers crossed you get your little one soon! The midwife said to me yesterday they really can't tell when babies are coming either and they often take them by surprise. A quick Labour was definitely better than a long drawn out one &#9786;

Nope. Nada here either, i'm on countdown, if baby doesn't come naturally then 25th is eviction date (csection) desperately hoping he comes on his own asap as I really don't want the section (it would be my third and youngest is only 15 months :O )

I've had a lot of loose bowel movements for the last 24 hours (makes a change from the constipation I was having several weeks ago!), lot of pain in my lower back, tailbone and pelvis, a lot of discharge and tightening across my belly. But I'm pretty sure it's just discomfort because it's not feeling like early labour. If I get to Tuesday that will make me 38+1 and will officially be the longest I have EVER been pregnant.

I honestly thought that as soon as my csection was booked (38 weeks - this coming Monday eek!) That she would try and get out on her own as that would just be typical, but no signs here at all &#128514; they really do just get snug and decide to come when they please I think. Not that that is at all helpful when you just want them here.

I hope something starts soon for you x

I had very little signs of labor and I gave birth ten days early :).

Thank you ladies <3 it's silly because I'm not even 40w yet - but I have now just about gone over the point where I had my son (by a few hours, haha) and I've got that "WHEN will it happen" feeling! :shrug: main thing is baby comes safely :) only thing that matters really.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->