Anyone had red blood spoting for less then a day and went on to have a healthy baby?

Wishing4long

Mom and pregnant with #2
Reaction score
Please help I found I was pregnant at 11 DPO on 14 DPO I had some red spotting with soem cramps it didnt even soak a pad and it stopped a couple of hours later that was Friday nothing since then maybe some brown discharge when I wipe on and off. I took another pregnancy test and theline is super dark this morning. Please help you think everything will beokay? Anyone had this before?

It's likely to just be implantation and the baby bedding in to your uterus. I had that on and off for 7 weeks then some red bleeding at 9+4.

I'm 14+3 now and baby is growing well so far

Thank you so much! but i heard implantation is before you get a positive pregnancy test, my bleeding was after :(
Did you have red bleeding before 7 weeks?

I had a bit of bleeding at 5w. I'd already got my bfp. It was all fine and no more bleeding after that. Although I will warn you cramps last til about 8 weeks. I have a healthy 2yo now to prove it's normal :)

Very likely to be implantation bleeding, I had the same thing but mine went on for a week! I also had the bleeding after my BFP, I think it can take a little while to work its way out. Luckily baby is perfectly healthy, I'll be 16 weeks tomorrow. I'm sure you have nothing to worry about, especially because it has stopped now and wasn't much to begin with. :)

The initial bleed from implantation will happen before a pregnancy test is positive - there's no pregnancy hormones until then, however it's usually a very small amount of blood which can take a while to appear in your underwear or as you wipe & why it's often brown. Other bleeding can be caused by an irritated cervix, like if you had sex or strained for a bowel movement.
My cousin just this minute has told me she's pregnant - 8 weeks along, but has only just told me because since her positive hpt she's had several spells of spotting. She managed a private scan Friday and everything's great! It's great your tests are darker! As long as there's no heavy bleeding or pain, I wouldn't panic :)

Thanks guys I really hope so I had a CP two cycles ago and don't want it to happen again. I haven't had any red blood since friday, you think i am in the clear? I have had some brown spotting off and on but very minimal. I really hope this bean sticks!!! Does it sound positive?

I think so. No pain or heavy red bleeding to suggest otherwise!

I definitely think you're in the clear :) I don't think you have much reason to worry at all. If only worry if the bleeding became heavy with bad cramps. X

Thank you thank you I am keeping my fingers crossed. The red blood did have some cramps :( but it didn't soak a pad. Ughhh this is so hard. At least my tests are getting darker right? I had the waiting game it is the hardest part. I still haev some brownish when I wipe but its very scant,,, thats okay right?

Tests getting darker is a great sign. I had brown for ages after the red bleed. X

Thank you so much! but i heard implantation is before you get a positive pregnancy test, my bleeding was after :(
Did you have red bleeding before 7 weeks?

It would be the odd minuscule amount before positive test. When baby actually implants properly that can cause it

It can also be irritation to your cervix, or hormones not high enough to totally suppress period blood

I had brown spotting at 5+4, then briefly each week after spotting

The first time it happened I did panic because I have had a 5 week miscarriage in the past- but that bleeding was totally different- changed from spotting too full on heavy period bleeding within 24 hours

At 9+4 it was bright red bleeding for a couple of days- when they scanned me it wasn't from near the baby- the Dr wasn't concerned

Sure you will be fine :)

I bleed for 11 days bright, pinkish red and also brown blood with my son when I was about 4 weeks pregnant. I thought it was a weird period and I wasn't pregnant!

With this one I just bled on Saturday. Bright red blood, not enough to soak a pad but more than spotting. It stopped right away and turned into very minor brown spotting. I had a scan today and the very small embryo seems totally fine for the moment. There was not even any detectable bleeding near the embryo.

Realy Marumi you are giving me hope!!! I haven't had any red blood for almost three days now...do you think I am in the clear? Every time I go to the bathroom and wipe my heart skips a beat :(

If it was a chemical wouldn't it have developed into full blown bleeding at this point?

With my first I bled 3 times, at 4 weeks, 7 weeks and 8 weeks. He's now a healthy 2.5 yr old. Hoping the same outcome for you

thank you guys!!! I hope so, fingers crossed I go for a repeat blood test tomorrow to see how much my hcg went up...
Can I ask you I have had really sore boobs lately, but this morning the soreness is gone :(( I still have cramping and backache but now I am worried that this is a bad sign :(

Realy Marumi you are giving me hope!!! I haven't had any red blood for almost three days now...do you think I am in the clear? Every time I go to the bathroom and wipe my heart skips a beat :(

If it was a chemical wouldn't it have developed into full blown bleeding at this point?

I think at least your chances are a lot better now not having bled for so long! It is likely it was breakthrough bleeding because your hormones are not yet high enough. Have you had your progesterone levels checked? Idk if I overread it but my doctor put me on vaginal progesterone tablets to make sure I won't miscarry in case of low progesterone.

And yes, I think early pregnancy losses like Chemical bleed off right away. I lost mine at about 4+ 4 weeks and after the first bit of red blood I began cramping, passed a few tiny clots and then continued to have a period...

Hoping for the best!!

I bled red blood from week 5-16 then spotted until week 20!

My boys will be arriving any day now :)

Had red spotting for half a day, followed by a few days of brown spotting. I was 8 weeks. Had a scan and everything was fine. Hopefully it's all still fine! Haven't had 12 week scan yet.

I had brown spotting with my DD and also at 4 weeks with this pregnancy, never red. So I was really freaked out when it happened this time! x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"