Anyone had there council tax this morning??

Discussion in 'General Chatter' started by Imi, Mar 30, 2007.

1. Imi

Imi .

Well i was ok up until about 5mins ago ....... Council tax has arrived for the up coming year ...

Would love to know why im going to be paying over £1100 for bloody nothing!

Apparently £800 odd quid is going to be going to the local council ... would love to know why im paying them that much to be emptying my bins once every 2 weeks the cheeky barstools!!! :hissy: And we have NO recycling bins or collections :wacko:

Fooking FUMING today ... thought mondays were ment to be shite! :devil:

xxx

2. Wobbles

Wobbles BnB Co-Founder ~ Retired

Welcome to reality hunny!

Shit isn't it? You think your rent/mortgage is enough but you forget about the council tax.

You can ring an pay it monthly.

3. mrscookie

mrscookie Mama and expecting

I had the same letter! My council tax has gone up by almost 20 quid... so i called them and they set up a direct debit for it.... only to discover, they CHARGE more for direct debit... another tenner! so thats 30 quid more! surely thats wrong. They are so arsey at the council office.... '' well, everyone else has to pay it''... yeah right...... i know half of redditch dont...too busy not working and claiming free benefits, This bloke i know gets everything free... free house, free rent, free council tax... and he does nothing. He dont even have kids. ahhhhh rant over..

4. weestar21

weestar21 Well-Known Member

my council tax isnt as much as that we got our new bill in for the next tax year a couple if weeks ago were pyaing £989 a year i just hope it dont go up like the rent has :(

5. Imi

Imi .

Reality isn't the problem i have paid council tax, rent etc

problem i have is when they are charing me MORE for a service that is being HALVED!

Instead of weekly bin days it will be fortnightly ... fine but we have NO recycling facitities ... bins, collections NOTHING!!

So im basically paying the lazy arsed twats MORE than last yr for doing fook all!

Grrrrrrr robbing gits!

6. Layla

Layla Well-Known Member

i had mine a few days ago, whn we moved, we changed tax bands, so we are now paying £97 a month instead of £87

xx

7. Cat

Cat Well-Known Member

Im quite happy, after talk of them being hiked up this year they have gone dwn by £5 a month, so its £130 a month.

Still higher than I was paying in Beccles, but the price of moving to a city I guess!

8. vicky

vicky Well-Known Member

Imi if you ring the council up they should be able to tell you if you can have the bins for recycling thats what me and matty have done.
    Mine doesn't seem to made any difference, but we were paying a bit more last year cos we owed them from the year before when we lived in callands

9. Imi

Imi .

Tis not the point, they have put council tax up for this area and cut the service ...

Thats why im pissed!

xxx

10. vicky

vicky Well-Known Member

i can totally see why you are pissed hun really i can.

I was just saying about the recycling bins for you.

11. Natalie&Karl

Natalie&Karl Well-Known Member

Count yourself lucky - my parents have just been hit with a £15,000 charge for Double Glazing across the estate!

12. vicky

vicky Well-Known Member

What!!!!!

13. Imi

Imi .

Tell em GO FOOK!!!!

Cheeky *******s ... thats whats pissing me off the council are upping charges and cutting the service i mean WTF???

Grrr gets my fucking goat i HATE paying for a service i don't recive!
    xxx

14. Natalie&Karl

Natalie&Karl Well-Known Member

lol - yup 15,000 smackers to provide everyone with Double Glazing (my parents bought there house so they are one of those that get lumbered with the bill!) - what a joke eh!?

15. Imi

Imi .

I'd tell them to get screwed ...

Im paying for a bunch of lazy arsed W****S who an't be bothered to do there jobs, Oh and for an ice rink to be bulit as part of a re development!

What bothers me is the money im paying the council ...

Instead of my bin being emptied 52 times a year im aying them £800 to empty it 26times instead ... go figure!!! lol