anyone had to have a growth scan?

sparkle_gems

expecting bean no. 2
Reaction score
i had my 25 week midwife appointment today and she did the measurment thing from the top of the bump to the pelvic bone and it measured small, it didnt touch the 1st curve on my graph thing so she is sending me for a scan next Wednesday.

Has anyone else had this happen? if so was everything ok? I am really worried now, i knew i was small as people cant even tell i am pregnant if they dont know me but now i am a bit concerned :cry:

sorry hun mine is opposite. fundal hight was measuring 28 weeks at 25 weeks and have a growth scan at 28+6 and at 33+6 weeks. i have big babies tho. xxx

I can't help you but do you have a pic to show your size? What do they actually measure on the outside as when I'm led down I can feel my hard uterus and it only comes up to my belly button but have looked it up on the net and I think it should be higher than that by now! Is that what they done with you?

its not a big thing now as there is plenty of time to bulk baby up so to speak lol and baby might just be lying in a position that makes you smaller.

my problem is i measure exactly on dates or a week behind but still have Big babies lol they didnt growth scan me in either of the boys pregnancys and they both arrived big 9lb 10oz and 10lb 12oz , lol im demanding growth scans even if i dont measure big i need to know if this one is likely to be bigger lol

here is a pic of my bump, see what i mean about pretty small for nearly 6 months?

is it too small? this is my 2nd baby i had one last july

https://i1019.photobucket.com/albums/af320/willowwest/bump.jpg?t=1306957152

i had 2 have growth scans when i was pregnant with my daughter i was measuring 4 weeks behind i think from what i remember and at the scans they did say she was small etc but couldnt find the reason . she was born at 39+5 and she weighed 5lb11oz and my mw said at my last appointment that i will have 2 have growth scans on a regular basis once ive hit 30 weeks x

my last baby wasnt small or anything she weighed exactly 7lbs, i really hope that nothing is wrong and this one is just waiting to have a growth spurt.

got to wait a whole week to find out. eugh worry worry x

i always measured 2 weeks behind and i never showed until 25+ weeks when i started to pop a bit. I would try and not worry :hugs:

was that with your first hun? i thought i would be really big as this is my 2nd and it was only 10 months ago i had my 1st

boomin hate worry! just need to keep myself busy until next week i guess x

You are about same size I was with my first. I was never sent for a growth scan til about 34wks though.

I am sure everything is perfectly fine.

You are looking fab!:flower:

You are about same size I was with my first. I was never sent for a growth scan til about 34wks though.

was everything ok for you then? thanks hun i was petrified of being a heffer at the beginning and now i am worried i am too small lol typical hey :shrug: x

was everything ok for you then? thanks hun i was petrified of being a heffer at the beginning and now i am worried i am too small lol typical hey :shrug: x

Had scan at 34wks and they did s baby was not going to be huge.

Anna was born at 39 weeks and 6 lb 15 oz so certainly not tiny! I was always told my bump was tiny throughout my pregnancy.

This is my 2nd baby now and I have a little bump coming on already....well, it is a shy bump - it only comes out at night:haha: (bloat!)

aw thats great, she was definately a good weight, perfect i think!

I definately started to get a bump quite early on and i thought it would grow fast but it slowed right down, might have another growth spurt soon :thumbup:

mine does look bigger at night too but think i swell with a bit of water by the evening i can feel it in my legs!

I measured small with my first, not through tummy meaurements, through the actual size of baby on a scan, I have heart probs and they thought my heart was not pumping blood through the placenta properly, they scanned me every week then for last 2 weeks daily. They told me to expect a baby at 5lbs but she was born 6lbs1 and was perfectly healthy.

Oh and I never even got a slight bump until I was 6 months on with my first.

Did you get a bump with your first?

:flower:

yes i got a bump and it must have been ok because i marked on the curve chart as fine, its just this time im really below even the bottom line. Just have to wait and see i guess cant afford to pay private x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->