Anyone had treatment for hydrosalpinx? (fluid in Fallopian tube)

WishnandHopn

Reaction score
I'm on day 7 of stims of my IVF cycle and during my ultrasound today they discovered that my right Fallopian tube looks like it's filled with fluid (hydrosalpinx). They said they could aspirate the fluid when they do the egg retrieval. (hydrosalpinx can inhibit implantation if the fluid backs up into the uterus)

Has anyone had this treated successfully and got pregnant? Dr. Google tells me that surgery to remove the tube results in better pregnancy rates than just aspirating the fluid, since the tube just fills right back up with fluid again within 2 weeks!

Hi, I have also been diagnosed with a hydrosalpinx, in my left tube. I had one failed round of ivf in October 2017 even though they found the hydrosalpinx during ultrasounds they continued with the treatment. I am now waiting for laparoscopy to remove the tube.

I was just wondering what your outcome was?

Thanks xxx

Hi Flower, it sounds like we have a similar story! I'm sorry your IVF failed. How long have you been TTC?

Our IVF cycle in August when they found the hydrosalpinx, we ended up with two embies, one nice blast that is now frozen and a morula that couldn't be frozen, so we did a fresh transfer and it didn't stick.

They confirmed my hydro by saline ultrasound a couple weeks ago and I'm scheduled for a lap to remove my right tube on Dec 1.

The doctor said we only needed to wait a month and then could do our FET, but we're thinking about trying naturally for 2-3 months. It would be crazy if the hydrosalpinx has been the problem all along and we just didn't know it. Also crazy to me that we had to get all the way to IVF before it was diagnosed!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"