anyone has abnormal cells- colposcopy?

lupi

Reaction score
Hi all,

went for my smear last week and was meant to take 4 weeks for results, got a letter through this morning with an appiontment for a colposcopy on tues. It says cells showed moderate changes, it does state i dont have cancer but the start of changes that may need treatment.

I can only think the worse- I thought I may be pregnant this month although on the pill as I was having pains, now I know its this.

Does anyone have any experience of this?
wondering if its common? So glad I went for my smear though

Thanks x

I had abnormal cells on a PAP test once as well. They sent me for a colposcopy. It wasn't painful and I felt completely normal afterwards. They removed the abnormal cells and then I had to have PAP tests every three months until I had three clean ones, which I did. I've asked two separate doctors if it would affect my ability to have children and both said "absolutely not". It's really not a big deal, hun. It's good that they caught it now and they're going to get rid of them. :hugs:

I had this in 2007 had the treatment as said above its nothing really to worry about.

Try and not worry its easily treated and very common

Good luck xxx

I am going for treatment of abnormal cells on 30th December they discovered them in early January but because i was pregnant they couldn't do anything until 3 months after baby was born but everything i have read says it is very straight forward the only thing i'm not looking forward too is the 6 week sex ban :rofl: I'm just glad they caught it early to be honest.

I had this when I was 30 and haven't had abnormal cells since. However, the colposcopy did effect the way I gave birth to my kids. Because of scar tissue on my cervix, my cervix didn't dialate and I ended up having C-sections.

That was my body though, and it's not to say it will happen for you. :hugs:

I have read that lots of women have it and the body manages them and when ammune system is low they can turn nasty- I had my son last year and i wonder ifthats when they came. Glad they have found it sooner rather than later, hope its straight forward and doesnt hurt too much

I also had the letter 2 years ago, i had a colposcopy, followed by further treatment, followed by another colposcopy and then was told i was fine and the changes were not anything bad..i then had 3mthly smears all of which were clear then went to yearly..the yearly one is due now but due to being pregnant will be afterwards..its scary at the time with everything but like others have said, its common and treatable and at least we have found out about these cells before they had a chance to turn..it annoys me to hear Women almost boast about how the have never had a smear..pure stupidity if you ask me!!
x

It doesnt hurt, its a wee bit uncomfortable but i felt no pain xxx

Hi hun,

I had it in June this year. I found it quite painful but I was very scared and tense. They scraped away some cells. I told the DR I was ttc and he said it would have no effect whatsoever so you should be fine. I think they are doing this alot more with the recent Jade Goody press. I look at it as a good think because if anything is wrong they will find it and make it better for you. xxx

well i went and had the procedure. 2 drs and a nurse and hubby and me legs spread to them all! when having a baby the adrenaline flows but I was nervous and shy.
The dye showed a small area of changed cells not a moderate like smear result indicated so he decided to do 2 biopsys- didnt even feel these. Then he couldnt stop the bleed for ages and put paste in to try and stem the blood- it looked like loads on the magnified screen but was a tiny amount. Guess they have to seal wound to stop infection-
The dr took 30 minutes to stop the bleed by which time i was getting light headed and quite sore- he said it would have been simpler and faster to just treat the cells. So am waiting for 3 weeks now for result. just wanted to let you know- thanks for your kind words x

Best wishes to you hon! Hope all is clear! :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->