Anyone have a BBA?

MummyMagoo

Mummy of 2 girls
Reaction score
I had a BBA 9 weeks ago with Olivia lol
It was a planned homebirth but my partner had to deliver as things just happened so quick..i rang the midwife at 8pm to say i was having contractions and she was born at appro 9.05pm lol
It was such an amazing experience i wish id known more about homebirth with my first pregnancy just gutted i didnt have time to use my birth pool lol

i did on second, well i had paramedic but he wasnt any use dh would have been more use lol, then went on to have a thrid at home, mw was luckily only ten mins away wen i called her so got here in time, systems have now changed for this pregnancy, and im having another homebirth, but theres only 1 mw on call whos not local, or u ring hospital who sends a mw, but it takes about 20 mins to get thru, kind of bricking it already, as have rapid labours, 1hr30 mins, 47 mins & 27 mins arghhhhhhhhh lol how was ur dh? my last was my most painful labour too so nervous about not having mw there to administer the gas n air. xx

I nearly did with my last one and we are fully braced for that to happen this time

aha lol I just couldnt fathom what it would be but guessed it was something to do with not having any one there.

Cor I'm slow some days.

I did with my second. The midwife was just parking her car out on the road when my daughter flew out of me :) DH delivered her in the bathroom, with our 2 year old on the stairs! It was quite an amazing experience!

I havent had a BBA but it's one thing I have in the back of my mind as a doula!

Yes, my last birth was a BBA. Midwife got there 5 mins after ds was born. I had been in slow labour for a few days (strong contractions on and off), which had sped up to almost constant about 1 1/4 hours before my baby was born. At the first of those contractions I knew things were happening and we called to say he would be born soon and somebody needed to come.

I had read so much about natural birthing, including how to go about it if alone or with people who didn't know what to do! I actually wanted to not have the distraction of other people around at that point so it didn't bother me - I think I was relieved! After he was born, I didn't mind having a midwife there!! DH was great (he'd learned along with me), and received the baby for me as his body was born (undoing the cord from his neck beforehand) and passed him through my legs straight to me (I was kneeling next to the bed at that point, leaning on it so I could have support he would he had his hands free for the baby. It was an amazing experience.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->