• Welcome back! The Xenforo Cloud migration is now complete. Thank you for your patience! NOTE: please make sure to report any issues to our Technical Support forum and we'll review ASAP.

Anyone have a hard time swallowing big prenatal vitamins?

xpinky

Reaction score
I'm looking for small prenatal vitamins since I have a hard time swallowing pills. My gummy vitamins don't have iron or a few other key ingredients. What brand do you take or recommend?

I am awful with big pills too. My gag reflex is horrid lol. I took a horse pill back when I was pregnant with my son :haha: but my wife started with these and they seemed much smaller than normal. I think that's about as small as they're gonna get though...

Anything smaller then normal helps. I'm taking citranatal assure its prescription pills. I have to take it with food but it doesn't go down most of the time. I end up throwing them away and opening up a new set a pills. Such a waste. Did you get the fish taste after taking the dha?

Heya, I take Elevit with Iodine and they are horribly huge! I have a trick with swallowing though; put the tablet on the back of your tongue, have a sip of water and tip your head forwards, almost upside down to swallow.

People usually tilt their heads backwards when swallowing tablets but that actually makes it harder to swallow because it stretches the esophagus.

It works for me, good luck!

Have you tried PregVits? They are quite small but have to be taken twice a day. Here in Canada you need a prescription for them. But they have been small enough to cope with for me :)

Heya, I take Elevit with Iodine and they are horribly huge! I have a trick with swallowing though; put the tablet on the back of your tongue, have a sip of water and tip your head forwards, almost upside down to swallow.

People usually tilt their heads backwards when swallowing tablets but that actually makes it harder to swallow because it stretches the esophagus.

It works for me, good luck!

I tried that and it didn't work lol...it's been like this since I was young I know its sad :(

Have you tried PregVits? They are quite small but have to be taken twice a day. Here in Canada you need a prescription for them. But they have been small enough to cope with for me :)

I never heard of that before. Are there 2 desperate pills one for dha?

Unfortunately pre natal vitamins usually come in pretty big size. My ob is wondering about this too. Why the pharmaceutical companies do not produce smaller pills? I don't mind taking 2 small pills rather 1 big one. I don't have nausea that much, even so, the pills went out straight away when I tried to swallow it the other day. Aweful!

My trick to swallowing ANY pill, because I've never been able to, but can swallow anything with this trick, is to take it with food, chew up a bite of food and right before you swallow it stick your pill in the Center of it... works like a charm everytime for me!!! Good luck!!!

I can't swallow the giant ones either. I just take the nature's valley ones. I took them with my son as well, and all was fine.

I hate swallowing pills. I am taking similac prenatal. There are two pills, one larger and one smaller. The smaller one is fine to get down. The larger one is difficult but not too difficult. I had to switch from the gummy ones as well as there was things not in them that I needed.

I skipped the giant horse pills and went straight to the gummies. I have the vitaFusion prenatals that I buy at Target. They have everything in them but iron and taste great. If I need to, I can supplement in a tiny little iron pill that is easy to swallow.

Have you tried liquid vitamins? I know Natures Plus makes a liquid prenatal thats good.

Also, I drink the prenatal Oxylant everyday to get extra folic acid (and it tastes good). If you're OK with swallowing small pills I would suggest also taking dha. I'm currently taking the Minami Nutrition prenatal dha, but the Nordic Naturals and Garden of Life ones are really good as well...oh and Wiley's Finest too...sorry I work at a health foods store so I'm a supplement nazi

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"