Anyone have a name they LOVE, but OH doesn't?

mandaa1220

Reaction score
OH and I have been talking A LOT about having a baby lately (which is awesome), but last name we went over names again. Last time we talked about it, a few months ago, there was one name I really liked, but since then it has changed; however, I came across a name I used to LOVE and when hearing it again I still do. OH was not a big fan.

Anyone else have that issue? I'm sure you do, but does it make you sad? :cry:

Yes, there's two names (one for a boy, one for a girl) that I LOVE and DH hates. It's a shame but I wouldn't want him to always be thinking it wasn't his choice

Not yet, since we haven't discussed it much, but I'm sure it will happen, since we have totally opposite views on naming. OH wants to name LO after a friend or family member, and I am really opposed to that (not just because I don't care for the names...I want LO to be unique!). I prefer less common names, OH likes names he's heard around commonly. Argh!

I always loved the girls name felicity but I never managed to talk OH around when I was pregnant with number 1 and we ended up settling on a different name which we we still use if number 2 is a girl. I still really like the name felicity though.

My two names r Sebastian and violet. Lucky for now the OH likes them. May change out minds when the time comes tho lol

I really like Eliot but that was my husband's old boss's name so he's a bit weirded out by that. Hurrumph.

I love Isabelle for a girl and DH says it is way too common, I see his point but I still love it, when we had our son we couldn't agree on a name, but after I gave birth and he saw all I'd gone through he just said I could have whatever name I liked, I could have called him starshine if I'd felt like it! I still gave him a choice of three names and he picked the one he liked best so we kinda chose it together.

DH keeps telling me if we have a boy next it will be a JR and i am putting a stop to that lol DH doesnt like my name choice either so we will have to find something we both love :)

Yep, I love 'Mylo' OH hates it, he also hates 'Toby'...boy's names are a challenge for us. I really like Maddy (Madeline) and he doesn't like it!! He likes Emily and Abby. We had chosen Eryn, but since we last spoke about it to the other day, he has gone off it!! So now we are onto Willow for our first girl (he isn't as keen as me because his hamster was called Willow when he was a child....)

Yep. I love the name Finley or Finlay for a boy but DH thinks its too girly :(, I've got a girls name which I refuse to compromise on but haven't actually ran that past him yet :rofl:

We want to name our first after DH's mother who died when he was young. Her name is Connie. So we have Conner picked out for a boy which we both love. However, I don't love the name Connie (no offense intended toward his mother or anyone with that name). I don't really dislike it, but it's not what I would choose if we were just picking something and not looking for a family name. His mom's middle name was Rose and so I want to use Rose as a first name, he's not sold on it though so we will see. I told him I want to name our child after his mom so if he really wants to name her Connie we will, but I prefer Rose. So our boy name is Conner Anderson and our girl name is hopefully Rose Christine, but maybe Connie Christine.

Are there other names that kind of nod to Connie without being Connie? Like Constance, or Concepcion (my MIL's name).

That has potential. I will have to see what DH says about those :) Thanks!

I love the name talulah-belle everyone I know hates it though especially oh

My db hinted to me that he liked the name Tessla. I was shocked because it was the first name he has ever told me he liked and I thought he was talking about the male scientist Nikola Tesla, (pronounced the same) So when I asked what the name was for and he said a girl I was turned off. His favorite part about it was we could call her Tess for short.
First of all you want to name your daughter after a male scientist?
and second I have a good friend who has a dog named Tess.

Male scientist and a dog are not great things to think about when you thinking about your daughters name.

I wish I could like the name but I just can't get use to it. I always think of those two things and it bothers me. I know its going to be devastating to him when it comes down to it and we have to pick names but I don't want to turn down the name yet because I want to hear what else he likes.

Tough spot.

I totally would but then me and my partner are physicists! I'm gunna be spending the rest of the evening thinking of famous scientists names.. thanks! :flower:

I totally would but then me and my partner are physicists! I'm gunna be spending the rest of the evening thinking of famous scientists names.. thanks! :flower:

AWE! that is perfect though! you guys can make that work. I don't think I could do it.

Same here (both astronomers though). I really like Tesla. But I am not a fan of gimmicky names. Hmmmm.

There's definitely some names I like and DH doesn't or vice versa. I like Nathan and he doesn't, and he likes Linda and I don't. He likes more old fashioned names.

Same here (both astronomers though). I really like Tesla. But I am not a fan of gimmicky names. Hmmmm.

Oooh I took astrophysics as my undergrad degree. One of my sisters is named after a moon of Jupiter. I love that idea and have thought of Io as a name for a daughter. My partner likes it too which is good.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->