• Welcome back! The Xenforo Cloud migration is now complete. Thank you for your patience! NOTE: please make sure to report any issues to our Technical Support forum and we'll review ASAP.

Anyone have a phobia of vomit and struggling?

bubbles19

Mummy of 1 girl
Reaction score
Hi! I'm severely emetaphobic. The phobia literally effects every aspect of my life. It's become considerably worse since one of my friends who stayed with us when my daughter was little had a virus and gave it to my daughter. I am 8 weeks pregnant and I'm finding I'm really nauseous all day until about 7pm I think. I'm not sure if I'm actually nauseous or being so nervous about feeling or being sick is making me feel worse. I feel very silly and it's making me miserable anyone else have this fear? X

I read an article a while ago about beans/legumes helping to reduce the nausea from the extra bile which causes morning sickness, it may help a little you never know!:)
https://www.karenhurd.com/pages/healthtopics/specifichealthconcerns/ht-shc-morningsickness.html

Hey there, I am not pregnant at the moment but I really sympathise with how you feel. I have the very same fear. As in it terrifies me more than anything else. When I was pregnant with my second daughter I had really really bad nausea, and was terrified of throwing up.
I tried the travel bands on my wrists which seemed to help a little. Vitamin B6 has also been known to help once it builds up in your system. The nausea did seem to lift more at 9 weeks. I was so ill I was in bed for weeks. I also tried a hypnotherapy CD which has been shown to help. Hopefully it passes quickly for you and you are able to relax more. The more stressed or anxious you are, the worse you will definitely feel xx

Thank you im glad im not alone. With my first daughter I refused all pain meds in labour because I was scared they'd make me feel sick. Thanks for the tips i will look into it, I dread getting up in the morning at the moment, not good with a 3 year old to take care of. X

Hello, I am also a severe emetephobic with a 3 year old expecting baby 2 in september :) For me I got anti nausea meds from the doctor and use the antisick travel bands. found that after the initial episode I am usually alright as I know sickness is a great sign baby is doing well! Not pleasant but even the tablets wont stop it completely x

I didn't even know there was a name for this, but yes, I have a terrible fear of vomiting to the point where I've had anxiety attacks. I didn't throw up during my second pregnancy, did once with my first, and I'm still pretty early in my third.
I've found ginger cut up and put into my water, or candied ginger is great.
I'm sorry you're struggling with this, I know it really sucks to be stuck on the same thoughts and worrying constantly. I hope you feel better soon and get some relief!

I am so glad im not alone. I am thankful I haven't actually been sick and I wasn't with my first either. This morning I had freezing cold water as soon as I woke up and forced myself to eat and today I haven't been too bad. Thank you for your replies and the advice. My doctor won't give me anti sickness medication unless I'm actually being sick all the time. I don't remember it lasting long with my daughter so I'm hoping with this one it will be the same. I'm really struggling with work I clean a primary school and sometimes it can be pretty grim (oddly enough poo and wee doesn't bother me and I never have to clean up sick that's the caretakers job) but im finding the smells are not helping me at all. I honestly don't know how people deal with sickness all the time. X

Hello. I also suffer from a fairly severe vomitting phobia and it has made pregnancy a time of incredibly high anxiety for me because there's not much that you can do about the morning sickness. I don't have enough time at the moment to write a decent response out, but for right now I just want you to know that you're not alone. :hugs:

I am extremely fearful of vomiting. As a child, it controlled my life. Every time I would on vacation or to the dentist, I would always fear vomiting in public. I became very skinny because I thought of food as poison. I mean, the more you eat, the higher your chances are of getting sick from bacteria overload. Every time someone would be sick around me, I would run away. It was awful. To make things worse, in all but 1 time that I've been pregnant I came down with HG (the extreme form of morning sickness). I ended up losing three babies because I was so sick that I was severely dehydrated and was prescribed meds that weren't exactly safe for pregnancy but of which there was no other option for me at the time. There is now a safe option for pregnant women suffering from bad morning sickness called Diclegis. I'm not sure if it is available where you are but I was prescribed it by my doctor. I didn't think it would work because it said it is Unisom and vitamin B6 - both of which I was already taking separately - but the combination didn't work nearly as well as the pill. I have to say it made me a new person. I could actually function and not be in bed 24/7 feeling like I was constantly going to throw up. You are probably going through the worst of it right now. I am now 11 weeks and the morning sickness is easing for me so take heart that there is light at the end of the tunnel.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"