Anyone have a Tummy Tub???

Newbie77

Pg with our little monkey
Reaction score
Hi girls,

Just wondered if any of you have a tummy tub for bathing their LO's??? How have you found it? Any pros and cons to share??? I really like the idea of them, thanks a lot...

x.

I like te look of them although he look like they would be fiddly with a newborn. I'm also not sure about spending nearly £20 for a bucket when you can get clear ones in Ikea for £2. My midwife doesn't think there is a problem using a bucket either!

i havent bothered with any kind of baby bath this time round, purely because the other two, never got used! i always used to run a warm bath and jump in the tub with them! or baby would have a bath with daddy. much easier and a lovely way to bond :)

I've looked at them too and read all the info, not sure whether to get on or not! Think I'm just going to get one of those cradle things you stick in the bath tub or bathe with the baby. Will just have to learn to not have hot baths!

Thanks girls, I am just unsure what to do, this bath thing is getting as complicated as choosing a pram!!! I like the idea of bathing with the baby, but I'm like you Faerie, like my baths hot, although having them cooler at the moment.

Thanks for the tips girls.....x.

i wouldn't get one, im not really sure about them but by the picture im not sure how you'd be able to wash the baby properly, babies have lots of folds, especially around their thighs and im not sure how you'd get to wash them x

I think the piccy looks cute & i can see how it resembles being in the womb, & how the baby can be snuggled in water & not slip but i dont think i would use it as a proper bath more of an play activity really as you obviously cant wash the baby & would just sit baby in it & watch his/her reaction.

i have one and its fab,Ernie loves it-he screams when you take him out! you can wash them properly in it, and it stays warm for longer than a normal baby bath

https://i119.photobucket.com/albums/o132/daftpics/Ernie/ERNIE085.jpg

i have one and its fab,Ernie loves it-he screams when you take him out! you can wash them properly in it, and it stays warm for longer than a normal baby bath

https://i119.photobucket.com/albums/o132/daftpics/Ernie/ERNIE085.jpg

Aw what a gorgeous photo!!!! I love it! Your little man is sooo cute! Oh now what do I do?!?!? I was swayed onto a normal baby bath after the other comments :rofl:!

Thanks for the post x.

I have one hun and I didn't get on with it tbh! I went out just after LO was born and bought one of those baby baths that sits across the top of your own bath and I love it!

I got it from Mothercare (not sure what it's called but they only sell them in white).

If you wanted to try the tummy tub out (for cheap) I'll sell you mine? I've read both good and bad reviews on the tummy tub - each to their own i guess!

xxx

Well I've gone for a normal baby bath in white from John Lewis after all that!!! Thanks for the comments girls and Lauriech for the offer...xxxx.

I was really upset when Stanley outgrew his. He loved it and it was really easy for us to clean him in it. I really recommend it.

I loved mine and so did my daughter. It took a couple of baths to get use to it but it was great. I can not rave about them enough. DD stopped using it when she was 18
months. For me it was money well spent.

We used a normal baby bath for a couple of months then got a tummy tub. It's fab! Jack (3 months) can sit in without us supporting him and tries to stand up etc and it doesn't knock over (obviously we are ready to support him if needed!). It's a lot quicker than filling a baby bath and I have found it less fiddly.

OH's mum and dad bought us one, but they spent £40 on it, Megan hated being in the big bath and still does and this is the only thing that will soothe her so i can bathe her in comfort to her and keep her happy, i find it very easy and recommend it to any one, i have a pink sparkly one :) she loves standing up in it and resting her head on the edge and it allows me to wash her back, bum, back of legs and behind her ears.

I've got one of these. I've not used it yet (obviously) but it's much roomier than you think. The midwives all use them where my mum works and rave about them. Looking forward to having a proper play :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->