Anyone have any clue?

TrickorTreat

Reaction score
Hello all,
So my husband and I have been trying to get pregnant for about 8 months. I was told when I was a teen that I may have PCOS, but no one will test me for it. Before I had lost a lot of weight, I had irregular heavy periods that lasted for ten days and horrible cramps.
Since trying to get pregnant, I feel like I'm setting myself up every month to be disappointed when my period comes. For the past few months it's been coming like clockwork, the night of the 20th of the month, into the 21st and lasting for about four or five days.
Last month, it changed. I got my period for only two days on the 13th. Now I can't stand certain smells (or tastes), am constantly hungry, and am throwing up every couple of hours.
Today though I woke up with lower abdominal cramps. Doesn't that mean I'm about to start my period? It isn't exactly cramping though, it's kind of like tight and feels like it's being held taught.
Does any one have any idea what might be up with me? Am I psyching myself out again? Also, when would be the best time to test, now the 13th or the 20th?
Thanks for any help!

Hi Trick or Treat,

So the first thing to determine is how long your cycles are. The fact that they've been happening on the same DATE each month would indicate you have 30 or 31 day cycles. Which is on the longer side, but not unheard of.

Getting your period on the 13th of the month, after you last period starting on the 20th, assuming a 30 day month before, is a 23 day cycle. So significantly shorter than your norm.

Counting from the 13th, your typical 30 day cycle would have your next period expected for the 13th of the next month. That's assuming nothing has shortened your cycle again.

More important, do you chart or temp? Or record your cervical mucus or position? These can help a ton with tracking when you ovulate, and timing intercourse around ovulation is the key to getting pregnant. Especially with PCOS, it will help you get a better feel for when ovulation is about to happen, and you can get to baby dancing. From the date of O, you can count forward to when you can expect your AF.

All that said, it's also a great way to find out if you're not ovulating. It's possible to have anovulatory months, and you can't get pregnant when you're having one. Tracking BBT will let you know O is happening. If it's not, it might be a good idea to seek medical help.

I would say take a test. If you got your period on the 13th and you're having that many symptoms...if it was implantation bleeding or break through bleeding either one would make you eligible to have a positive hpt by now. Save yourself the headache of wondering. I would definitely use a few more tools if you are trying to get pg and suspect you may have cycle issues. Charting is great, OPK's are great once you've established your cycle definitively from charting. Good luck, keep us posted.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->