Anyone have experience of subchorionic hematoma?

lady3

Reaction score
I went to the hospital yesterday after light bleeding and cramps. Baby was fine and healthy 😍 but they noticed a subchorionic hematoma. The lady doing the ultrasound just said there wasn't much that could be done about it and I was sent on my way. I had stopped bleeding by the late morning.

Today I was at work sitting down when I felt something wet. I went to the toilet and I was literally soaked in blood. I was very lucky to be wearing black as it was everywhere down to my knees. I got home as quickly as I could and it seems to have slowed significantly now.

I did some research and have learned many people have been put on bed and pelvic rest. The lady I saw yesterday didn't say anything about this to me, just that I should expect to bleed a bit more. I would say today was definitely more than a bit!

I've tried to call the EPU but there's no answer and they close soon. So now I'm asking everyone here what advice they were given after being diagnosed with one. (I'm not looking for advice, just want to know what others experienced). I'll call the doctor in the morning and I've cancelled work for tomorrow, but this is really no easy feat with my line of work and so need to know what I might expect to hear from the doctor/midwife tomorrow.

Thanks for your help!

I was told at 7.5 weeks that I had a small one and that's maybe why I have had a little spotting but they didn't say to do anything and I haven't had any since! Sorry I can't be much help! I hope you can get in touch with someone though as I would like to be checked again after a bigger bleed! They did tell me to come back if I bled more

With mine I was just told I might bleed or it might absorb. If there was a lot of blood id say get checked over hun xxx

I had one at 11 weeks with my second. There was so much blood, I thought the worst and had to wait 3 days for a scan. Baby was fine though.

I had another massive bleed at 6 weeks this time and assumed it was another mc (I've had 8). After an appointment with the recurrent mc clinic, I found out I was still pregnant but had a bleed that was 6 times larger than the baby. I was told there was nothing they could do and it might trigger another mc but to rest as much as possible... With 2 kids!
Thankfully the bleed mostly reabsorbed but it was still there at 10 weeks!

Rest as much as possible but get checked out. Bleeding should always be checked.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->