Anyone have/had a slightly abrupted placenta?

jacinda

Reaction score
I'm 9+3 days pregnant. Yesterday I had some blood when I wiped. I went to the ER and they said baby was OK, but they didn't see the reason for the bleed. They gave me progesterone. Today I went to my doc and he said that it's a slightly abrupted placenta (8x3mm). He gave me even more progesterone and said I need to stay in bed. He also said that I can't fly on Wednesday (was supposed to return from Europe to Canada). I'm seeing him again on Thursday.
I'm so worried. It's now a high-risk pregnancy and I've been reading online that it could end in miscarriage.
Has anyone got any success stories? I'm so upset. It took us 2.5 years to get pregnant :(

Is this due to a subchorionic haematoma (sch), if so there is a gestational complications section where people can help. X

I found out I had a subchorionic haematoma at a routine scan, which I think is the same thing? Anyway, I never experienced any bleeding but it'd gone by the time I was 13 weeks :)

Ive seen a lot of women on here have it, more commonly with bleeding too and everything has turned out fine.

X

Hey I have it too. My doctor didn't give me anything and I put myself on bed rest. I was bleeding for 5 weeks. It just stopped after I passed some small clots. I have a scan on Tuesday but I'm really thinking about changing doctors.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->