anyone have hair extensions?

Discussion in 'General Chatter' started by RainbowMum, Nov 29, 2009.

1. RainbowMum

RainbowMum Counting down to TTC

My hair is very fine and I don't have a lot of it which is why I've always kept it really short...at the moment I have it in a chin legth bob but I've always dreamt of having 'long' hair...it's naturally wavy and I thought it would look nice having it longer, but I think it may just look pathetic as I really don't have a lot of hair.

Does anyone here have extensions? I was just wondering how much they were...thought probably many hundreds of Pounds, right?

2. brownhairedmom

brownhairedmom Well-Known Member

I have clip-ins. Not as expensive at ALL, and less damaging to your hair. Only takes a few minutes to put them in.

3. wannabmamma

wannabmamma WTT for our own buba

i have clip ins and they cost me only 60 euro brilliant quality and look so natural

4. brownhairedmom

I ordered two sets of mine from England. www.cliphair.co.uk or something like that. Pretty cheap and they're decent quality. Its a good place to start for extensions.

5. RainbowMum

my hair is probably as long as yours in your avatar...where did you buy your extensions?

6. wannabmamma

wannabmamma WTT for our own buba

i bought mine from a place called salon solutions! not sure if its only in ireland, they matched them to my hair perfectly

7. Lil-woowoo

Lil-woowoo Mummy

I have extensions, mine are Micro-ring extensions. My hair is really fine too and i hated it, better with extensions adds more volume to it:happydance:. Mine cost £250 and maintence every 8 weeks £50 which includes tightening them and replacing ones which need replaced. I used to have clip-ins but now prefer the micro=rings x

8. RainbowMum

Thanks! The longer I look at the cliphair website, the more convinced I am that I want to try them...maybe play around with clip in ones first before comitting to more permanent ones. Also I'd rather put the money towards our 'baby fund' than my hair ;-)

Now which ones to order? Definitely 15in ones...my hair seriously quite short, so 15in is way, way longer than my natural hair.
    Good thing I have a positive paypal balance from selling clothes earlier this month :)

Thanks all!

9. brownhairedmom

[​IMG]

These are my cliphair clip-ins, so you can see the quality

Edit: they're 15 inch

10. Louby

Louby Well-Known Member

I had glued in extensions a few months ago

I paid £340 for them and they lasted me 8weeks

they were lovely but didnt half give me a headache-plus the amount of hair shedded is disgusting haha.

when i took them out my own hair was really brittle, an considerably shorter than when i had them put in

id recommend clip in xx

11. polo_princess

polo_princess ♥ Brookes Mummy ♥

If your hair is fine i would really consider the clip ins as opposed to any kind that are glued or sewn in, they leave your hair in an awful state, i had constant extensions to thicken my hair out for about 3 years ... i had so many bald patches it was horrible, it took me two years to get my hair back to normal :hissy:

12. RainbowMum

13. brownhairedmom