Anyone have PND with no.1 and go on to have more children?

albs

Reaction score
I had pretty bad PND with ds and it's completely put dh off having more kids. I can't imagine what it was like to watch me go through that, but I feel I could do it again as if I am more prepared and know what my worst triggers are. I really want another baby someday and it makes me sad to think it might not happen. But would I necessarily get PND second time around? Just wondering what other people's experiences are.
We wouldn't be thinking of no.2 for a couple of years as we've got an international house move to deal with next year. I'm just interested.

I had PPD also and I plan on having 2 more children. I feel like a lot of stuff that contributed to PPD last time won't be as big as an issue this time around. I feel like I will know a lot more of what to do with the next baby. It was a total shock to the system going from 0-1, and I felt like I had become a prisoner to my child. Now that I'm used to having certain limitations and being fine with them, I feel like it can't be as bad to add one more baby to the mix. I don't "plan" on doing so for 2 more years though.

I had pretty severe PND. But I think it was because my LO was and still is a very high needs baby. And a huge factor was being unable to BF, I felt like I had lost a huge bond with him. It took almost 2 months but I got past it. I think now I know what I'm in for and have had a very difficult baby to start with, the second can't be so bad :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->