Anyone have Polyspermy???

sns

Reaction score
DH and I have been TTC for over 2 years. We went through several rounds of IUI and finally IVF. I had 17 eggs at ER and of those 15 were mature. Of the 15 only 2 fertilized normally. All the rest of my eggs were a little slutty allowing too many sperm in (polyspermy) or did not fertilize at all. I was wondering if anyone else out there has experience this issue and what did your RE suggest. I hear this is very rare. I am going to start my next IVF cycle in about 2 weeks, with ICIS.
I am currently on DHEA, CoQ10, Lipoic Acid and Acetyl-L-Carnitine which are supposed to help with egg quality.

Any suggestions or advice is welcome.

DH and I have been TTC for over 2 years. We went through several rounds of IUI and finally IVF. I had 17 eggs at ER and of those 15 were mature. Of the 15 only 2 fertilized normally. All the rest of my eggs were a little slutty allowing too many sperm in (polyspermy) or did not fertilize at all. I was wondering if anyone else out there has experience this issue and what did your RE suggest. I hear this is very rare. I am going to start my next IVF cycle in about 2 weeks, with ICIS.
I am currently on DHEA, CoQ10, Lipoic Acid and Acetyl-L-Carnitine which are supposed to help with egg quality.

Any suggestions or advice is welcome.

I think I about choked on my coffee reading your eggs are a little slutty! Lol! I don't know anything about this but want to wish you luck! Tell your eggs to get with the program, your on a mission!

i know this thread is old but i've just had the same thing!
i had 30 follicles which turnt out to be 16 eggs, 7 fertilised, 3 made 4 cell grade one, i had the best one transferred on a 2 day transfer yesterday.
when i asked the embryologist why less then half fertilised she said because more than one sperm fertilised which makes the chromosomes unbalanced.
my husband now just thinks he has super strength swimmers.
so if this little embaby decideds not to settle in we'll be having icsi next time. imagine having icsi because your sperm are too good :shrug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->