Anyone having a doula?

SiBelle

Mother
Reaction score
I'm on the fence about this one. My husband doesn't see the use and is very skeptical about a doula's purpose or worth. They cost between $600-800. A friend of mine mentionned that they are there as a buffer between the medical system and the couple, they make you feel like you are contributing to the birth naturally... Research (apparantly) show that they cut the rates of C-sections by half, the rates of epidurals by 75% etc.

I'm not sure if I should keep my money and rely on the medical system or fork the cash, be a "convert" and justify it to my husband.

What are you guys doing? What do you think?

My friend used one for all four of her labors - she swears by them! I have had two kiddos without one - would have jumped at the chance if the cost was more affordable.

although they act like a carer and that, personally you have enough to pay for as it is. me id rather have a close friend or my partner there. i wouldnt choose my mam due to being embarrased and all that hehe. x

I'm seriously thinking about getting one. My DH doesn't seem to have the first clue about birth or labor and gets freaked out when I mention stuff. I think I NEED someone there to hold my hand that's not going to be a wreck. LOL Then again, my hubby is the guy who said "all I have to do is stand there and yell PULL, PULL, right?" No honey, it's PUSH. See...I think we could use all the help we can get!! LMAO!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->