Anyone having a planned c-section? (no VBAC)

Yeah you can still have a c-section if you go into labour. If you go into labour and still know you are having a c-section give yourself plently of time. You will want them to do at least half an hour prep for the operating room, in that time they will usually give you the epidural.

https://journals.lww.com/greenjournal/Fulltext/2006/07000/Decision_to_Incision_Times_and_Maternal_and_Infant.4.aspx

Here is a study that shows there is a better outcome for mother and child/ren if you wait the half an hour prep so everyone is prepared. So once you know you are in labour, don't hesitate to make it known so everyone. I'm not sure if it is healthier to wait until you are in labour for triplets. I know it is for a single birth because it means the baby is fully cooked but for triplets it may just mean there is no more room.

In any case, good luck and I hope you have a positive experience!

Mommy-in-june- I cannot believe some people think that is the EASY way! This is our first, and my biggest fear is a c-section! It would be such a longer recovery with a newborn to take care of! Tell them to shove it, next time they say it is easy!

As for a VBAC, I would do what you feel is right for you. If you want the experience, go for it! If you dont think it is possible with the previous c/s and your small hips why put yourself through the hard labor if the chance is you will have to have a c/s anyway!
Good luck with it all!!

That's really what it comes down to for me - not spending my entire pregnancy panicking about something that may or may not happen. That's why I said I feel relieved... I no longer have to sit here and wonder if the same darn thing will happen all over again. And that was NOT a fun experience... for myself, or the baby.

Btw Gypsy- the epidural was a piece of cake... didn't hurt at all. Hopefully you will have the same experience!

I think we can all agree, we'll be wonderful mothers, regardless of the way our children are born. :hugs:

My first 3 children were all born without the need for a c-section after very long hard labours but my 4th baby was an emergency c-section after going 12 days overdue and 12 hours of labour following induction. When it came to the pushing stage she was showing no sign of budging and was starting to show signs of distress with her heart rate going down. It is not something i wish to go through again. She weighed 9lbs 7 1/2 which i think contributed to the c-section as my others were 7 lbs, 7lbs 7 and 8 lbs 4. I have to see the consultant at our 20 week scan to discuss options for delivery and am really torn between a VBAC or a planned c-section :dunno: . As some have said a c-section is certainly not an easy option. I had 3 children and newborn to look after last time and this time would have 4 plus a newborn

I had an emergency section with my son and was told I could never deliver a baby. Now this time around (13 years later) I'm at a different hospital and my new consultant has told me to have a C Section due to my history and also, previous 5 MC's.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->