Anyone having "the talk" with their partner soon?

Eleanor ace

Reaction score
DH and I are going to have The Talk soon- about having another baby and if so, when. I asked DH whether we could talk soon (didn't want to ambush him with it and want him to have a chance to think about what he wants o say- although I know I won't want to hear it!) and he agreed although he said he still isn't sure whether he wants a 3rd. In an ideal world I'd love him to agree to a 3rd and make quite firm plans for when we will start trying (which would ideally be summer 2015 but I wouldn't mind if he wanted to try now :haha:). Realistically he will probably just say he'll think about it and list his reasons for why we should stop at 2.
Is anyone else having The Talk soon? Would love to chat to people in the same position!

I had that talk in jan was sooo broody so sat down one night with oh and just came out with it told him i wanted another baby he wasnt ready was a bit disheartening but agreed we could try jan the following year we had originally said we would wait 4yrs after our first so a year less then agreed and its only like 4months away now glad we waiting as lil un is now potty trained which in jan she wasnt

Thanks for replying :). I'm glad that you reached a compromise and set a date for ttc- not long now! :)

nope not long now :happydance: , u never know he may surprise you took me a lil while to get oh to agree to jan but now hes like just think this time nxt year u mite be pregnant or better still we mite have number 2 already , hope the chat goes well

I've said to hubby could we put the chat on hold until summer next year (as far as he's concerned there's no chat to be had, we're done lol) but I've said I can't deal with being told this is it right now, I need to take time by myself to really think if I want another child or not without the influence of thinking it's not a possibility if that makes sense? I've asked him to try and keep an open mind, and then we will talk more frankly next year. We still casually mention things here and there he's a definite no (unless we can guarantee a girl lol) and I'm leaning more towards no, but have these fleeting overwhelming feelings of needing another child. So yes we have booked an official chat but a while away yet, when the boys will be 4.5 and 18 months, as if we do go ahead we have both agreed we would want the last baby born and be 1 before we are 30 which would mean conceiving by about January 2016. If I'm honest I really don't think I will persuade hubby, and I dont think I will ever be fully persuaded myself, so I doubt it'll happen, but it's helping to keep an open mind, once I'm back at work I'm hoping this will be my epiphany to either not want to look back or realise I do want more. I do think if I was desperate enough DH would do it, but then I would hate the pressure it could put on us.

MarineWAG I hope that you figure out what you want to do now that you're taking a step back from talking about a potential number 3. And if you decide you want a 3rd then I hope your DH gets on board!

We have booked a talk for mid oct. We were all set for deffo
Having just one but now we are thinking we should have a sibling
For matthew we just usually never agree on this at same time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->