Anyone having the worst Stuffy nose and sinusitis

playdoh666

Reaction score
I'm just over 6 weeks and ever since I found out I was pregnant iv had the worst Stuffy runny nose. I get so much mucous in the back of my throat it makes me gag. Yesterday I started getting pressure along my check bone and behind my eye.
I'm aware that rhinitis in pregnancy is quite common and can last the whole 9 months :cry:
Anyone have this and have any tips for relief they would like to share?

Yeah me totally know how you feel! I had a really heavy cold about a month ago and I still have ongoing snot and bunged up sinuses it's gives me huge headaches. Try using a steam bowl and breath in the steam it should help it does me when it's really bad! I'm 12 weeks by the way x

I think pregnancy nose as I call it just hit me today. For me though it's very dry stuffy nose if that makes sense? I sound congested when I speak but it doesn't leak out like a cold would,I'm just very bugged up. Good times! Saline helps xx

I had this with my previous pregnancies and now this one too! It's so annoying. I use otrivin nasal spray when I absolutely need it, which is mostly at nights.

Least I'm not the only one, my oh didn't believe me that it was actually to do with pregnancy lol. if I give it a good blow in the morning my nose is generally ok for the day it's just the gunk at the back of my throat driving me insane. Does it get better or worse?!

Least I'm not the only one, my oh didn't believe me that it was actually to do with pregnancy lol. if I give it a good blow in the morning my nose is generally ok for the day it's just the gunk at the back of my throat driving me insane. Does it get better or worse?!

The back of the nose is post nasal drip. You can have a cold though too, doesn't mean it's entirely pregnancy related although it very well can be. For me I know the difference. Pregnancy nose is dry and stuffy bc the hormones tend to dry secretions whereas a virus causes it to be leaky and runny with mucus in throat for me :)

I did have a bit of a cold but that has gone now. I had the stuffy nose before the cold and now after. It's definitely different from when I had the cold so definitely know what you mean but still so much gunk :-( at least I can now breathe through my nose better lol certainly a good feeling.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->