Anyone having their second baby 10+ years after their first?

tag74

S, L, M & E's Mom
Reaction score
I am 38 (39 in July) and pregnant with my second. My first is 13 years old. Nervous and wondering how this labor and delivery will be compared to in my 20s.

Anyone gone through this already that may want to share their story?

My first I gained a total of 55 pounds and had pre-eclampsia.

This one I've gained about 25 pounds so far with perfect blood pressure.

Despite my age, they aren't considering me a high risk.

Did you go early? On time?

Thanks for any stories!

:hugs:

Stalking this thread.

I'm having my 3rd after a gap of 8 years. It feels so new and exciting - just like the first time!

Meeem I am 30 and had my first 10 years ago. I am in light restrictions and have a preterm hx. It's like being pregnant fr the first time :)

Oh great to hear!

I am a bit nervous this time. Like having my first!! The parenting part I'm okay with its this labor and delivery thing! :haha:

Worried about losing the weight post baby but happy I haven't gained quite as much.

Of course worried to that she'll be okay until my due date.

I know some people say the second often comes earlier, I wonder if that will be the same given so much time has passed.

Hi i am 36 years old, i have 3 girls and now expecting a little boy.
DD1 is 18 years old labour 36 hours very hard labour epistiotomy lots of stitches.
DD2 is 6 years old labour 10 hours ( midwife did say time wise it was like a first birth because of how many years inbetween ) no stitches just a little tear.
DD3 1 year old labour 4 hours but after another sweep went from 1cm to 10cm in 40 minutes again no stiches and not even a graze

All my babies tend to be late, will be interesting with this birth as this is my third home birth and the active labour stage could be quick (hopefully) x

And sorry forgot to say i have gained 3 stone with all of mine and all the weight just drops off without dieting within 6 weeks

Hi , I had 6 year gap between my two boys. They are now 16 and 10 and I'm 3 days over due with my third.. So it's 10 years for me too since my last birth. I feel silly being anxious about birth but I thibk it's because I know what's coming lol xx

My second birth was so much quicker than 1st so was hoping it might be same this time but been old by consultant that although this may be the case , 10 years Is a long time and body may react different this time.. so who knows..

Hopefully find out very soon and I'll update :)

Had sweep yesterday .. Got Contractions very 7 mins all day then stopped !!
Started again today.. So who knows..;)

2nd sweep booked for Tuesday and booked for induction next friday x will let u know how it goes after 10 year gap lol xx

Hi , I had 6 year gap between my two boys. They are now 16 and 10 and I'm 3 days over due with my third.. So it's 10 years for me too since my last birth. I feel silly being anxious about birth but I thibk it's because I know what's coming lol xx

My second birth was so much quicker than 1st so was hoping it might be same this time but been old by consultant that although this may be the case , 10 years Is a long time and body may react different this time.. so who knows..

Hopefully find out very soon and I'll update :)

Had sweep yesterday .. Got Contractions very 7 mins all day then stopped !!
Started again today.. So who knows..;)

2nd sweep booked for Tuesday and booked for induction next friday x will let u know how it goes after 10 year gap lol xx

Yay! You're on the finish line!! Will be thinking of you with fingers crossed!! Keep us posted!

Dd is 11 next month. She was elcs as she was breech. Very positive experience though.
Ds is 7. I was in labour for 33 hours and had a forceps delivery with internal and external cut. Again though I remember it is a positive experience. I felt very much in control the whole time.
This baby is a week overdue and I'm absolutely terrified this time! Getting some pains now so hope they don't stop (again!)

Dd is 11 next month. She was elcs as she was breech. Very positive experience though.
Ds is 7. I was in labour for 33 hours and had a forceps delivery with internal and external cut. Again though I remember it is a positive experience. I felt very much in control the whole time.
This baby is a week overdue and I'm absolutely terrified this time! Getting some pains now so hope they don't stop (again!)

Oh good luck!!! Let us know how you make out. I know it must be frustrating to be overdue. FX baby is here soon!!

DD1 is 18 years old labour 36 hours very hard labour epistiotomy lots of stitches.
DD2 is 6 years old labour 10 hours ( midwife did say time wise it was like a first birth because of how many years inbetween ) no stitches just a little tear.
DD3 1 year old labour 4 hours but after another sweep went from 1cm to 10cm in 40 minutes again no stiches and not even a graze

All my babies tend to be late, will be interesting with this birth as this is my third home birth and the active labour stage could be quick (hopefully) x

DS was born at 20.37 last night weighing 7lb9oz labour 2 hours, midwifes arrived and delivered 22 mins later, once again no stitches.

Good luck all with your pregnancies and births xxx

I am currently 36 weeks pregnant with number 2. My DD turned 11 today!

Amazingly this pregnancy has been a lot easier, last time I had obstetric cholistasis which resulted in induction at 37w6d and I put on over 30kg. This time I'm still under 15kg. Last time my DD was born 5lb15oz, this time I had a growth scan at 33 weeks and bub already weighed 6lb3oz so I'm growing a giant!

Labour terrifies me...

Lost plug today , hopefully things start moving soon x

Hope u ladies r all well x

Hi all, great thread. So pleased to hear other ladies in the same boat as me :)

I had my first (aged 18) 14 years ago-long labour, needed forceps and vontouse.

I had my second (aged 19) 13 years ago-short and easy labour, no intervention.

So this time I'm hoping won't be like my first, I've had an easy pregnancy, no probs. Both my kids were a week overdue but I have a feeling this one will be early. Time will tell...

Good luck everyone and congrats on the recent arrivals xx

DS was born at 20.37 last night weighing 7lb9oz labour 2 hours, midwifes
arrived and delivered 22 mins later, once again no stitches.

Good luck all with your pregnancies and births xxx

Wow congratulations hon, hope my experience is as nice as yours x

Thanks guys for weighing in! I'm hoping for an easier labor too! Please stay in touch!

And congrats on the baby!!

I personally haven't but my brother and I are 12 years apart and my sister and I are 14 years apart. I was her birth coach for both of them. With me she gained 60 pounds, my brother 40lbs, and my sister 20lbs. She was induced with all three of us and I know that my birth was the hardest, and my brothers 12 years later was much easier. However, with my sister and I her blood pressure was perfect but with my brother she was on bed rest for the last 6 weeks with high blood pressure.

I'm very interested in this as well! My DS will be 9 1/2 when our baby will be born. I'm very nervous about it this time as it's been so long. My labor with DS wasn't too bad, I was induced due to blood pressure at 6 am and ended up having him later that night at 10:22 pm. I had a small episiotomy and my son was born 8lbs 6.2ozs. I'm hoping this labor will be nice and smooth like my last one, but I can tell this pregnancy is a lot different than my first. I failed my first glucose test so I'm taking my 3 hour one this Wednesday. My blood pressure has been good during this pregnancy which it wasn't the last one. Glad to hear the birth stories of those of you who have shared them! I can't wait to meet our new little man in July!! I just hope he doesn't come early like while we're on our honeymoon the end of May! That'd just be crazy!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->