Anyone Hear of This?

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - Second Trimester' started by CountryMomma, Oct 8, 2013.

1. CountryMomma

CountryMomma Mother of 3

As some of you know I was diagnosed with low amniotic fluid last week so I had a follow up u/s to check it again and and it was still low but on the low but it had gone up a little bit.

Well yesterday I got another call from my Midwife saying that the radiologist who reviews the ultrasounds said that he "couldn't rule out" a Chorioangioma. I have never heard of this before and really can't find a whole lot on the internet about it. Has anyone every heard of it or have any expirience? I have an appointment with a high risk doc for a level II ultrasound on the 15th. That is such a long time to wait and I am a bit scared.

2. chulie

chulie Well-Known Member

Sorry I've never heard of this but a quick search and I managed to find this site. It seems to explain it very well and says that in rare case of multiple it can be dangerous but otherwise is just something to be monitored

https://radiopaedia.org/articles/placental-chorioangioma