Anyone heard/had a labour like mine? **update baby here, read pg3 if same situation**

With Jack, my contractions didnt get any closer than 8 mins apart, even at the pushing stage.
I had back to back labour which is common to have long slow labours with.
Fortunately I was in hosp at the time, on an antenatal ward for high BP. But the MW was a witch and kept telling me I wasnt in labour, she left me in agony for hours, and would only give me paracetamol.
By the time she finally listened to me, and let me go to labour suite, I was 5cm dilated!

Best of luck hun lets hope your in hospital with the luuurvely gas and air xx

Thanks girls still no better in fact worse and they told my husband earlier to take paracetomol and a bath. Seriously I think they are having a laugh. I'm going to trytalking to them in a minute I think.

the hospital told me this and that they were BH not contractions, quite how they can tell over phone i have no idea (i was getting 3 in 10mins!) i have given up on hospita and took high pain killers at home!

Just updating this thread for those following Pip's progress: There's a new thread for her in the main forum: Good news!!!! :D

Shadow xx

well i was in early labour 13 days (started the day before my due date) and it wouls start then stop and at times i had painful contractions but then others would be ok and i got to 2cm dilated during this time.

i was loosing my plug in a very strange way and would go to n from the hospital n they just wudnt help me, i was then booked in to be induced on the 13th day (i was 12 days overdue).

they broke my waters as i was already dilated then 15 mins later my contractions started at 5 mins apart and got thick and fast and then 7 hours later zane was born.

i did this with gas and air and zane was 59cm long at 8lb3oz.

strange question here but are u getting a very weird feeling in ur bum like lo is pushin on it n feels like baby will fall out?

Just in case anyone is in a similar position. I'd finally had enough 2 am 48 hours after it started. begged down the phone and they said to come in but didn't think they could do too much. Contractions were irregular from 5-8 minutes apart (some 14 mins!!) and this never changed the whole way through the birth, even when they gave me drugs to stopped things up I still wouldn't contract regularly. I was 4cm when I went in so they immediately hooked me up to an epidural as they could see the pain I was in. The MW I saw was amazing, she believed the pain I was in so I was so grateful. Just insist if it goes on too long thats my advice from experience. I was ready to go to A&E if they said no or try you MW to examine you. xxx

BUT he's worth every bit of agony, promise you'll feel the same. xxxx

I had a similar delivery hun and did exactly the same...I refused to leave after 4 days of no sleep! Congrats on your lovely arrival and they are worth every moment arent they :) :hugs2:

Pippin, congratulations, he's gorgeous!

XXX

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"