Anyone here with Pets?

Pluto13

Reaction score
Im the proud owner of 5 dogs, a parrot and about 50 birds mostly canaries and finches...

Now it has been suggested to me that we GET RID of the animals:growlmad: by a few people and this is something Im deffo NOT doing these animals are my life and my loves

Is anyone having similar battles?

we only have 2 dogs but the only real health concerns I have ever found were regarding cats and their litterbox......assuming all your "little children" are in a controlled environment I would think everything would be fine.....we certainly couldn't get rid of our "furry kids"

I have two cats and I did hear a few suggestions that I get rid of them early on in my pregnancy. I told them what I thought of that idea and they all shut up pretty quickly about it :rofl:

well we were told that the dogs will attack the baby!!!

for gods sake! if people are stupid enough to think I would have the dogs anywhere near a baby ARGH!

It winds me up so much, I wouldnt part with my furkids for anything...

I've had 3 people ask me what Im going to do with the dogs!

I've a very mad dog. I have no intentions of giving him up. I just think you need to be extra careful once LO is born. I wouldn't give them up.

I've 2 dogs and a cat and they are not going anywhere! They may not be as high up on the priority list when baby arrives but we'd be lost with out them

I could never part with my cats- NEVER!
We have a littler tray too but OH cleans that out so i'm not worried :) x

I have 1 dog and 2 cats, everyone keeps telling me to give the cats away. No way these are my 4 legged kids, my husband even wants to send them to my parents farm for a few months. But i think it will be harder for everyone to adjust later, so my pets will stay put, everyone will need to get used to the baby, might as well start right off the jump.

I have 2 cats and 2 lizards :)

what kind of Lizards do you have?

I think people who dont have animals find it difficult to understand the bond we have with our much loved pets. Its ashame so many animals get dumped when baby comes along :(

You couldn't pay me enough to get rid of my dog, I love her so much! The only thing I do kinda worry about is allergies but I guess we'll have to wait and see.

Don't get me wrong I do worry from time to time about my dog with the baby but I plan on being very organised and bringing a babygrow home from the hospital etc from him to smell.

Babygates will be up early so he's used to them etc x

He's family and deserves the respect and attention of knowing the baby is coming x

i have 2 dogs a cat & horse

the biggest issue is the horse people are assuming im going to get rid of her cause of the baby which pissed me off

x

OMG why would anyone suggest that!

I have 2 dogs 2 cats and a rabbit and it would kill me to even think about getting rid!
Stay stroung! x x x

why on earth would having a horse effect the baby? eh!

I think so long as people are aware that no animal should be left alone with a child then you should have no problems. Obviously animals will be curious and this is only natural so its better that they get a proper introduction and learn boundaries!

I have four dogs (getting number 5 puppy this weekend!), one cat and 2 hamsters. My pets aren't going anywhere!

what kind of dogs do you have and whats your new addition? you'll have caught up with me!

I personally have one dog but we have three dogs living here (We live with my family) and we also have about 5 cats. We wouldn't dream of getting rid of any of them due to a baby. My sister has her one year old here and he's been here since he was let out of the hospital and the dogs and cats all love him to death.

By no means would I leave my baby around the dogs without my supervision. They have tempers just like we do. However, these are my furry babies and they're family.

I couldn't imagine someone giving up their furry family members just because they're having a baby. In fact, it makes me mad when I hear it!

I have a dog - who is like a member of our family. LOL. he's pretty demanding but we love him dearly. Never in a million years would we even contemplate getting rid of him. Tell them to mind their own business. Most animals adapt to children - with the right training etc.

what kind of dogs do you have and whats your new addition? you'll have caught up with me!

We have cocker spaniels (they're working dogs) , and we getting a labrador pup! What do u have?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->