Anyone in Kent? I'm just under 5 weeks- love to chat early and local ladies !

fuschia

Reaction score
Hi ladies

Pregnant with my first - 4 weeks and 5 days so early days but wondered if there's anyone that's localish. I live in tonbridge . Hope to hear from you soon! Xx

Hey I'm not in Kent but I am in Essex, so not too far away lol!! I found out yesterday and like you it's early days but very exciting!!! Have you told anyone yet??

Hiya disneybelle - I am 4 weeks and 6 days so we are very close!
I have told my two best friends as one of them was with me when I tested! I didn't expect to get a bfp at all- was the first month we hadn't used bc and I tested 4 days before af so didn't expect it at all! My mum and dad know too. How about you? Have u been to the doctors yet? X

Ooo we are close!!
My mum was the first person I told because I rang hubby and he wasn't answering! So my mum, dad and siblings know as does his parents and sis but no-one else yet, I'm trying to wait until after the first scan but I'm useless at keeping secrets!! I was convinced I was out as I had had no symptoms really and tested the day before af was due to get the bfn over with lol, so I was very shocked!!
Got my doctors appointment tomorrow at 12, but they have already told me they wont test again they just take my word for it. but still hoping it will be exciting!!
How are you feeling? I seem to have lots of cramps but no sickness as of yet, just hoping it sticks around!

Yeah - my doc didn't test again- kinda wanted her to though! I have taken more tests since them and they are getting stronger . I have had some cramps and nausea s little. Big thing for me is I constantly have a icky tummy ! It's very annoying . Oh and I'm exhausted pretty much every day! Is this your first? Have you Bern married long? I'm getting married in aug! X

Yeah this is my first, how about you? There is a big age gap between me and my brother and sister so I kind of remember my mum going through the stages of pregnancy but it's different when it is yourself!! Been married 2 years at the end of July, been together nearly 6 years now!! o my, what an exciting time ahead then, you must be so excited about it all!

Yes it is my first as well! I know it is exciting ! We certainly did not expect this to happen so fast as it was our first time without bc but that's not a pron and I so hope all goes well! I feel positive about it most of the time but also feel quite scared with it being so early and hearing about all the un fortunate stories! Are you planning on having any eArly scans or waiting until 12 weeks? X

Ah well done, super sperm then!! It was our second month of taking it a little more seriously.
I know what you mean, I can't help but look but I'm trying to stay away from doing too much research because of the sad stories of things that could go wrong. I am hoping to have an earlier scan because there is a strong link of heart problems on my husbands side of the family, he hasn't had any problems but his dad and sister have as well as his aunt and second cousin so I'm hoping they will keep a closer on eye on me, plus mym mum and dad both have really high blood pressure so not sure if that will affect anything too. O and I'm REALLY impatient so would be nice to know things are OK sooner than August!! How about you? You must be 5 weeks today??

Well I have a 27 day cycle and so I think I probably am 5 weeks today but have just done my ticker based on 28 day cycle as thats what the doctor used. I guess you dont really know until you go for a scan what your exact date is!

I am thinking about having an early scan, I dont thin kthey would do one for my on NHS although I am regarded as 'obese' so I hear that women often get more scansfor that reason! I will ask when i go to my mid wife appt on 29th June!

I am also very impatient. The scariest thing for me is if I didnt know tihngs were going wrong - you hear people going for scans at 12 weeks and finding out everything went tits up at 6 weeks!

I see you used the clear blue digi - me too! I have used 3 and gone from 1-2 , then 2-3 then 3+! Are you still testing? x

Yeah I've got one test left and I'm trying to hold out until this time next week so I can see it go up in terms of weeks!
Me too, I'm termed as obese too, was trying to lose that 3 stone but it wasn't happening, so maybe they will keep a bit more of an eye on us. That term makes me angry because I'm 5ft 3 and 13 stone but I have j cup boobs already and don't think I look obese, just curvy but know the doctor will have to say something when I see her today!
I'm going to ask about scans and stuff and find out how much private ones cost...my doctors haven't been that helpful before in the past so I can't see them changing now, but maybe they will!
Did you get your mid wife appointment from the doctor or arrange it yourself?
Gotta go back to work next week, I'm a teacher so had this half term holiday off, hoping time will go a bit quicker then!
x

I am 5 ft 9 and am 17 stone . My BMI is approx 35 . I was losing weight before I fell pregnant and I'm going to continue trying to eat healthy and do reg exercise and if I lose some more in these first few months then that wil be great!

I got my appt through my doctors - the pembury hospital midwives come to all the local gps once a week so the surgery asked them to call me and they did! Im going on holiday to Ibiza next week so that should make 1week go quickly! When back will be 7 weeks!
Whereabouts in Essex do u live ? How did you doc appt go? X

I live in Paddock Wood. :D I work in Tonbridge!

Hi lady_bee! That's great! Where do u work? I live and work in tonbridge. I guess you would be using pembury hospital as well then if all goes well! X

Hi girls - I am from Kent too..... I'm otherside - Medway.......
Hope you don't mind me joining your conversation......
I'm a few more weeks along but not that many.....
Just fyi - I have a private scan booked for tonight.... I couldn't wait until 12 weeks. These last few weeks seem like a lifetime.... Held out as long as I could just incase my dates are wrong - I have mine booked at Spire (Bupa) hospital - A private visability scan is £90.....

Hi! Is that hospital in Maidstone ? Or where is it? I wZ thinking of getting one done! X

Hi, The one I go is just off Blue Bell Hill on way to Lordswood, but I know the guy who does the scans there is very good - He also does private scans at Kings Hill which is alot closer to you....... He was very highly recommended to me by a few people.... x
I am too impatient to wait till 12 weeks - I need to see to believe I am actually pregnant... lol You can have visability done from 6-10 weeks - Although when I called to book they said he prefers to do it after 7....

Just on the Spire website and they do have a hospital in Tonbridge Wells that does private scans -
01892 741 150

Ah that's great! I'm going on holiday an will be 7 weeks when I'm back so might arrange one for then ! Thanks

oo I'm thinking of having a private scan, like you guys I think I need to see it to believe it!
fuschia my appt went really well thanks, because of the medical history I'll be given an early hospital appt so I'm wondering if I will have an early scan anyway and got a nice pack of forms to fill in lol! Feels so wierd!! I'm off out for dinner tonight with some friends from work, thinking of non drinking excuses lol!x

Fuschia, yep I am hoping for Pembury! Either that or a homebirth but I'm not sure I'm brave enough for that.... just being idealistic ;) I work a few days a week in the Waitrose coffee shop, hehe. I'm not far ahead of you in my pregnancy - just coming up to 6 weeks tomorrow.

I was thinking of having an early scan too. Tunbridge Wells is really close! Thanks for that Vickie! I'll probably get one before July so I can show my husband while he's still in the country.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->