Anyone in Northern British Columbia or Alberta?

CdnEquestrian

TTC #1 :)
Reaction score
I'd LOVE to have a local buddy, if anyone is from Northern BC or Alberta. :) I live in Fort St. John, BC, myself...but am often in Grande Prairie, Alberta as well. :)

My parents and my sister actually live in Edmonton...so we're down there once in awhile. :)

LOL its nice to know there are some people in here in the same area - ish lol

My parents and my sister actually live in Edmonton...so we're down there once in awhile. :)

Cool! I've been here for about 6 years now? I'm not originally from AB but I like it :)

Are you from Edmonton originally?

Yes, I was born and raised in Edmonton. :) I moved up here when I was about 14.

Ohhh. I'm originally from Nova Scota so Alberta is a big change for me hehe

How long have you ladies been ttc?

For me, it's been 5 years off and on.

Most recently, we were NTNP for a year, and are now TTC for about 4 months. :) We just got medical help...so hopefully we can figure out what's going on. I just had an ultrasound and everything looks good and they don't think I have blocked tubes, based on the ultrasound. DH has 2 daughters already, so I don't think it's a problem with him. They suspect I have PCOS...so I think that's probably our main obstacle.

How about you ladies?

This is my third cycle trying (more like 2nd because our first cycle we were doing things half assed as we were travelling). Prior to ttc I was on the pill for 6 years and it took about a year (ugh!) for my cycles to return to normal - I was very regular before and I think I'm getting back on track again.

Hope your Doctor can provide you with some answers and you get your :bfp: :) How do they test for PCOS? (I don't really know a lot about it)

I think PCOS is more a diagnosis of exclusion really...they checked via ultrasound to see if I had any cysts on my ovaries, but she said that you can have PCOS without actually having cysts... So they also check hormone levels and go off of that.

But she said that they diagnose it a lot and there is no sure fire "yep, this is what you have because you have x" way to diagnose it. They just go by symptoms...and conclude that it's LIKELY that you have PCOS or you don't.

Oh I see. Will they be able to do anything to increase your chances of conceiving if you do have PCOS? I feel like such an idiot because I'm so new to ttc and don't really know that much yet! :wacko:

ETA: sorry for all the questios! Hehe. I was posting in a sleep deprived state (I have the neighbours from hell & they have been keeping us awake most nights) :growlmad:

lol. No worries,

If you have PCOS, most will put you on metformin to lower your blood sugar, which helps since most of us are overweight as well. Then...it's usually clomid to make sure you're ovulating, as quite a few also have problems ovulating.

My last few cycles have been annovulatory (no ovulation) and i've NEVER gotten a positive OPK....but this month, it was JUST ABOUT positive yesterday....so i'm pretty excited that I MAY get my first positive OPK this month. :)

Hope your opk is positive soon! *fingers crossed* :)

You're welcome, after 5 years I hope things work out for you! :)

A few days ago I got a pos opk, but I find I get a pos opk once and then a week later I actually get two days of positive opks. It's like my body tries to ovulate but fails, and then gives it another ago a week later :wacko: It doesn't happen all the time, but it's still frustrating!! :wacko:

I'm hoping that's what's going to happen with me now.

I was SOOOOO excited because my OPK's were leading up darker and darker and I thought I would finally get my first positive OPK this month and then....negative. As in...no second line AT ALL. So now i'm worried i've missed it.

We didn't DTD for a few nights because DH was sick, but I figured it would be fine since I hadn't gotten my positive OPK yet...but now, i'm worried i'm out. So maybe my body tried and failed?

I think he'd KILL me if I bought ANOTHER pack of OPK's. I've been testing multiple times per day since CD 10. :(

I'm hoping that's what's going to happen with me now.

I was SOOOOO excited because my OPK's were leading up darker and darker and I thought I would finally get my first positive OPK this month and then....negative. As in...no second line AT ALL. So now i'm worried i've missed it.

We didn't DTD for a few nights because DH was sick, but I figured it would be fine since I hadn't gotten my positive OPK yet...but now, i'm worried i'm out. So maybe my body tried and failed?

I think he'd KILL me if I bought ANOTHER pack of OPK's. I've been testing multiple times per day since CD 10. :(

:( Maybe your body will try again later this month? Are you stressed about anything? (I find stress can delay my ovulation day).

1 1/2 years here. Did know until about 6 months ago that I was not ovulating. Very confusing as my first daughter was a birth control baby.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->