• Welcome back! The Xenforo Cloud migration is now complete. Thank you for your patience! NOTE: please make sure to report any issues to our Technical Support forum and we'll review ASAP.

Anyone know anything about light periods?

_Meep_

Two girls
Reaction score
My last cycle was 30 days. There was a chance I could have been pregnant, and I did a couple of tests, which came out negative. Then AF came on October 1.

I came off the BCP in March and since then my cycles have been a bit irregular, ranging from 28-32 days, mostly around the 30 day mark. However, my last cycle was misleading, in that I didn't really get much of the usual EWCM I get, and I was unable to predict when AF would arrive (leading me to believe that AF was late that month and that I could be pregnant).

Anyway, when AF arrived, the first day was more painful than usual. I usually have some cramping for the first couple of days, but this was definitely more intense. I thought I must be having a really heavy flow, but when I went to change (I use a Mooncup), it probably wasn't even a quarter full. This continued throughout AF, and by the third day it had dried out to a brown sludgy sort of flow. By day 5, there was nothing.

Usually when I go to empty the cup (sorry, I know this is gross) it is one half to three quarters full for the first couple of days, drying to brown by about day 5. It's never as painful either.

Does anyone have any ideas why this might have happened? I know it wasn't implantation bleeding as I am not pregnant, and although it was light, it wasn't THAT light. I have had some very reliable signs of ovulation this month and I just have a feeling that AF will be back to normal this month (if it comes at all as we have had unprotected sex for the last couple of weeks - I should probably be in the NTNP section!) ... do you think it's possible I just didn't ovulate last cycle? If so, is that anything to worry about?

Thanks.

Meep. x

hmm i dont know, doesnt seem likely to be anything to do with your bcp as you stopped it 7 months ago! could it just be an odd period or are you usually like clockwork?
i dont think its anything to worry about, maybe you could use opks this month around when you think you might ov to check?

I'm hoping it was just a weird one-off, but I'm so desperate for nothing to be wrong with me that every little glitch my body throws out plunges me into a panic!!

This was definitely the lightest I've had since coming off BC. The others were all typically the same in terms of flow. I'm dealing with the fact that they are a bit irregular, as I think they're ok, because I can usually tell that I have almost definitely ovulated. I dunno, last month was just so weird all the way through ...

You're right. I think I'm going to have to try OPKs to put my mind at rest.

Thanks.

Meep. x

I bet you just had on off month and when you start worrying it makes your body act even weirder! Don't sweat it you'll be fine :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"