Anyone know of a way to regulate periods?

LittleMum

Mum to 22 mth old and ttc
Reaction score
Just wondering if anyone knows if there's a way to help regulate periods after coming off the pill?
I took 2.5 packs back to back then came off half way through the 3rd one, had a withdrawal bleed straight away, then a 35 day cycle then an 18 day cycle. Currently on cd16 of 3rd cycle and getting AF symptoms again (spotty, feeling wet, bit aggy etc)!
A friend of mine said to try clomid but isn't that for fertility problems?
Someone else suggested vit b to lengthen LP but not even sure I'm ovulating and although I have bought a thermometer and OPKs I just never make the time to do it all and don't really want ttc to take over my life so just wondering if anyone's got any tips??

Sign up with fertility friend Hun I use that site and I'm only using the opks gives me a better idea on what my cycle is like if I haven't conceived after Xmas I may start temping right now I just want to go with the flow. Good luck chick.xxx

Sign up with fertility friend Hun I use that site and I'm only using the opks gives me a better idea on what my cycle is like if I haven't conceived after Xmas I may start temping right now I just want to go with the flow. Good luck chick.xxx

I'm on that already, got the app on my phone but cos I don't know how long my cycle is its impossible for me to use!
I've never actually had a normal cycle, well not for 12 years anyway! I conceived first month of coming off BC with dd then went back on pill 4 months after she was born when I stopped BF

Another vote for Vitex, but don't give up on charting yet! Just start on day 1 of your next period. It will ask you your usual cycle length, but it really doesn't matter. As you temp and/if it detects ovulation, it will adjust how long your cycle is. After a few months of doing it, it will be pretty accurate on predicting your O day and also let you know how long your LP is.
Sometimes it takes up to a year for your cycle to regulate after going off of the pill. I wouldn't jump into clomid just yet, especially if you don't want ttc to take over your life! Your doc won't just write you a prescription for it...you'll have to do cd3 and cd21 blood tests, a baseline ultrasound, another midcycle ultrasound to check for follicles, etc. Some even require you to get a HSG before it will be prescribed.
Your first priority should probably be just finding out if you are ovulating or not!

Sorry you're having a rubbish time little mum! I had two 27 day cycles post bcp, then last month was 30 days and this month - well I'm expecting another 30 day cycle. I got a cbfm this month and I love the fact that it pinpointed ovulation for me - I ovulate later than I realised - so I'm hoping it will help me catch the egg, and it won't matter how long my cycles are, if that makes sense!!!

Anyway lots of luck to you xx

Ps I meant to say that the symptoms you're having may well be ovulation symptoms?? So keep bd!!!!

Ps I meant to say that the symptoms you're having may well be ovulation symptoms?? So keep bd!!!!

Planning on getting on it like a car bonnet tonight! If nothing else, just because I might come on tomorrow and then we get no action for yet another week ;) lol

1.Eat a nourishing traditional diet.
( https://www.westonaprice.org/basics/dietary-guidelines )

2. Supplement with hormone regulating foods (maca powder, raw unheated unfiltered honey, evening primrose oil)

3. Awaken your reproductive area (cold-pressed castor oil heat pack regimens, deep abdominal self massage, vaginal steam baths with cleansing herbs)

4. Visualization, because thoughts become things

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->