Anyone know what this could be on my daughters mouth (pics included)

Lizi_17

Reaction score
My daughter cam home from nursery friday with what looked like a little cut/ bit of skin at the side of her mouth. Over the weekend its gone worse and today its gone a yellow colour shes not stopped eating or anything im just wondering if anyone knows what it could be and if i should keep her off nursery today. Going to try and get her in the doctors.

Attachments

• 1378839_10201778952342885_108090678_n.jpg
    1378839_10201778952342885_108090678_n.jpg
    18.6 KB · Views: 21
Hand Foot & mouth? I've never seen it so can't say for definite though, has she got any marks on her hands or feet?

Hiya thats the first thing i thought of but her hands and feet are clear. Im thinking it could be a infection of some kind just doesnt look nice at all xxx

It looks a bit like impetigo. Rory had it recently but on his ear. She'll need antibiotics.

Shes got to lumps on the end of her tongue aswell hopefully get an appointment later on today just feel awful xx

I was going to say impetigo. Think it's a staph infection. Doc can do a swab, but prob either fucidic acid cream or anti bs

Do you know what might have caused it ? I keep thinking is it something ive done but i suppose with nursery they can pick anything up quickly xx

My first thought was impetigo, but I dunno whether you cabn get that on your tongue. It is really contagious but dunno if there is an exclusion period on it or whether infected children can go in to nursery as normal.

Thanks for all your advice we went to the doctors an it was impetigo she's got antibiotics and has to stay off nursery for a week til she's finished the antibiotics xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"