Anyone know what this could be on my daughters mouth (pics included)

Discussion in 'Toddler & Pre-School' started by Lizi_17, Oct 14, 2013.

1. Lizi_17

Lizi_17 Well-Known Member

My daughter cam home from nursery friday with what looked like a little cut/ bit of skin at the side of her mouth. Over the weekend its gone worse and today its gone a yellow colour shes not stopped eating or anything im just wondering if anyone knows what it could be and if i should keep her off nursery today. Going to try and get her in the doctors.

Attached Files:

2. Hazfoz

Hazfoz Well-Known Member

Hand Foot & mouth? I've never seen it so can't say for definite though, has she got any marks on her hands or feet?

3. Lizi_17

Hiya thats the first thing i thought of but her hands and feet are clear. Im thinking it could be a infection of some kind just doesnt look nice at all xxx

4. emyandpotato

emyandpotato Well-Known Member

It looks a bit like impetigo. Rory had it recently but on his ear. She'll need antibiotics.

5. Lizi_17

Shes got to lumps on the end of her tongue aswell hopefully get an appointment later on today just feel awful xx

6. roomaloo

roomaloo TTC no. 2

I was going to say impetigo. Think it's a staph infection. Doc can do a swab, but prob either fucidic acid cream or anti bs

7. Lizi_17

Do you know what might have caused it ? I keep thinking is it something ive done but i suppose with nursery they can pick anything up quickly xx

8. _jellybean_

_jellybean_ Well-Known Member

Ouch! Poor baby. A cold sore?

9. noon_child

noon_child Well-Known Member

My first thought was impetigo, but I dunno whether you cabn get that on your tongue. It is really contagious but dunno if there is an exclusion period on it or whether infected children can go in to nursery as normal.

10. Lizi_17

Thanks for all your advice we went to the doctors an it was impetigo she's got antibiotics and has to stay off nursery for a week til she's finished the antibiotics xxx