anyone met a partner online?

jazmine18

Reaction score
im so confused right now, i never even considered meeting someone i found online, except the couple girls i met on netmums. but after not wanting to go out in the cold and boredom setting in, i went on my msn. got chatting to this boy i have had on there for years added him back when i was into all the social networking sites but never really talked.
but we started chatting, and aside from the fact he is very good looking, has a great body, is a professional footballer and does some modelling. i clicked with him instantly, before i knew any of that stuff..and yes i know he isnt making it up, although i never met him he only lives 10 mins down the road and he is good friends with a couple of boys my mum worked with and a girl i knew at school. i gave him my number which i have never done before to anyone i met online.
and i really want to meet him, but im really nervous that i wont get on with face to face cause i can be quite shy or that he wont find me attractive in the flesh, cause i do think i look better in pics lol, but theres a part of me thinking if i dont i will really regret it...we are both kinda in relationships that arnt going anywhere, our partners both cheated but like eachother but we have never fully forgiven them we both just stay for the kids, me for sophia, and he has 2 boys, (aged 2 and 1) he said he wouldnt even say it was a relationship as such, same for me. and i also made the mistake of looking at his kids mums facebook, and she is absouletly stunning, dark haired tanned and without a scrap if makeup, which didnt make me feel anymore confident..oohh i duno what to do.

so yeah any advice and your experience plz :) xxx

I oersonally have never met anyone online (met hubby when I was drunk in a club instead!) but I know plenty of people who have.

One of my friends has a profile on a website, something about plenty of fish, and she's met a few guys off there. Always in public and lets someone know where she's going etc. Another friend met a guy online and now she's moving in with him!

It's up to you - you clicked online, so maybe the spark would be there face to face. I'd only be concerned about the fall out, if any, from you both having partners - would it cause trouble etc?

But you don't know unless you try... x

I met my husband online. We were both part of a spiritual forum (not a religious one mind you, lol) and public postings about general subjects eventually turned to private chats about those subjects and ultimately private chats with eachother. We really connected despite being thousands of miles apart (me in the states, he in Ireland). He came out to Vegas, where I lived, and we met properly and spent a week together. After that we knew for sure it was meant to be and spent the next several months getting all the details together to make it possible for me to move there (well, here, lol). We've been happily married three years, together a bit longer than that.

I do think one needs to be cautious and careful regarding internet connections, be it friends or partners, but I feel the same can be said of meeting someone face to face from the beginning, as in either case, you are getting to know a complete stranger and trusting that they are genuine and truthful. I know several people who met their partners online and like any relationships, some work out and some don't, but I'm definitely a success story with it. :)

You'll never know if you don't try and don't let the looks thing with his ex get to you. Looks ain't everything.

I met an ex online. I actually flew to Canada to meet him! We were together for a year, and I was planning on moving there permenantly. He turned out to be a lying cheating asshole though! Having said that, that didnt deter me from meeting up with ppl online, its him who was the problem, he would have been a scumbag however i met him!

i dont think we would do anything before we had broken it off officially with our OH's, but like we both agreed our relationships are barely even holding out as it is, and we are both pretty sure we would be spliting up with them soon, even if nothing happened between us. and niether of us lives with them..but i have this feeling about him that i have never even experienced with sophias dad, for the first time in years i feel like i could be happy, instead of just putting up with someone cause i feel like i cant do any better. i could have a proper relationship, which i never had with my OH either, despite us having a child together, i feel like i got to go out of my way to get any affection from him. he didnt even buy me a bloody b-day present :(..all i got was txt.

That feeling of knowing someone could make you happy is great isn't it?

Are you going to arrange to meet him :) ? x

i think you should meet him! Be aware though, the reality might not live up to the fantasy. (but I really hope it does!) :hug:

Ok, here goes.......I was very stupid, but it worked!

I met Mark on a dating website in March 2007. We chatted via e mail and MSN and finally swapped numbers in May. We chatted via text for a few days ad we arranged to meet. I invited him to my house :shock: He came to my house on 12th May 2007, stayed the night :shock: again and put his house on the market. We have lived together since the day we met and fell pregnant 5 months later

I met my partner online and met 2mths after talking. We are still together although we dont live together.

I think you deserve to be happy and it is daunting but good luck x

thanks girls, yeah i think i will meet him. just keep it casual, if it works out thats great if not then i havent lost anything..and yea it is great feeling..i been trying to break away from from sophias dad forever, i feel like i have finally been lifted out this black hole and that i dont have to settle with what i got, i can find happiness. i mean even if it didnt work out i feel like i finally got hope, that i can have a happy future with someone that really cares about me and there are people out there :)

i met my DH online but i met a whole lot of weirdos before him so i met with him only after 1-2 days of chatting.
meet him so your not wasting your time if hes..well a weirdo!
but make sure its a place with people e.t.c

I also left my partner for the bloke I met online. I dont regret it. Knowing someone could possibly make me happy finally gave me the strength I needed to realise that my kids will be happy so long as I am xx

I met my OH on line and we are still together expecting our first lil one now!! We just clicked and when we met up we both agreed we werent looking for anything serious but we just totally clicked. Im quite a shy person but online im not but that didnt seem to effect anything. We were both nervous about meeting but it was great. He then moved up here a few weeks later and we've been living together ever since. And tbh i wouldnt change it for anything. I know people say that its dangerous ect however if you have been talking awhile you know them better than if you just met a stranger in a pub ect in my opinion anyway.

Just think you have to do whatever feels right for both of you :D

Ok, here goes.......I was very stupid, but it worked!

I met Mark on a dating website in March 2007. We chatted via e mail and MSN and finally swapped numbers in May. We chatted via text for a few days ad we arranged to meet. I invited him to my house :shock: He came to my house on 12th May 2007, stayed the night :shock: again and put his house on the market. We have lived together since the day we met and fell pregnant 5 months later

Your situation sounds just like mine! I thought I was the only crazy one! lol

I met Josh on a dating website. I finally agreed to meet him. On the second date, I stayed with him at his place. Couple days later, I moved in with him. We have been together ever since!

I've met a couple of people and been with them for a while. My OH is someone my best friend met online though - she introduced me to him a year or so after she met him.

I met my OH online, met in the September, moved in with him in the March and been together just over 2 years.

Good luck xxx

i met my ex online, were together for 3 years and engaged.
think people need to be careful, but its deffinatly a great way to meet people. x

I met my fiance online 8 years ago. Were now engaged, have our own house and a new baby.

Meet the guy but stay safe!

xx

we spoke from sept met in march he moved in may was pregnant july had ethan the following march got married when ethan was 14months old

Go for it hun,what do you have to lose?Just make sure you meet somewhere public like going the pub for a drink or even starbucks? Even if you just end up being friends thats a bonus,you can never have too many friends lol.Also the camera never lies so Im sure you look as lovely as you do in pics.We all criticise ourselves and get nervous but once you have got over that initial meet you will be fine :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->