Anyone mind giving an opinion on my chart ? (When I ovulated )

fuschia

Reaction score
So I usually ovulate cd 18.

Had acupuncture prior to ovulation this with the intention of making me ovulate a little earlier .

Thought I ovulated on cd 16 but then the temps rose but dropped again by 6dpo.

When I got a big rise on cd 23, ff changed my cross hairs and said I probably ovulated cd 22 due to the temp rise .

Hope not because I only managed bd cd15!

The only reasons the cross hairs are back at cd16 is because I put ewcm in as a secondary sign but tbh I didn't take any notice of secondary signs this month as I've been so busy and pre occupied .

I'd really appreciate anyone to have a look and give opinion?

Where ff has it marked is probably correct.

You seem to have quite low temps. As I have read, from af to ov, temps should ideally stay below 36.4, but after ov should increase and stay above 36.66.
The highest your temps have increased to so far is 36.3, which would possibly indicate hormonal imbalance. It also depends on where you take your temps. If underarm, they will be consistently low, and make it look as if you have a problem when you possibly don't. If orally, or vaginally then they should be fairly accurate providing you are taking them at about the same time each day and before you do anything else, and after having at least three hours solid sleep, ideally.
Inconsistent sleeping patterns and taking temps at completely different times (try to take them within half an hour of the same time each day) will make them rocky and inconsistent, making it harder to pinpoint a pattern.
Charting doesn't only tell you when you ovulate, it also gives you a window into how your body is doing, and can indicate any potential problems. I think yours possibly does, but since you are having acupuncture you can ask your acupuncturist to help balance hormones (this is what mine does as well as other things), you could also ask for a blood test to check on progesterone levels a week before you are due af.

Looking at your chart as it is, ignoring the low temps, I would put ovulation at CD22 because of the shift. You have four increases in temperature from this point, which is when Fertility Friend will usually pinpoint ov. CD16 you only have a single increase, followed by constant dips until CD23 when it starts to increase.

Also are you using OPKs? They won't tell you when you ov, but they can help you see whether your body is doing what it should be. If your hormones are all out of whack, then chances are your body will try to ov but won't, and you will ov later or you won't ov, both possible outcomes. The acupuncture probably won't help you ov earlier if your hormones aren't balanced to begin with. If you are taking temps correctly, then I would start looking into whether you have any hormonal problems

Thanks for your replies.

Thanks for taking the time happycupcake - I see what your saying about the temps .

I thought I was just looking for trends but now you have said that , I think I'll have a word with acupuncturist to see what she thinks !

I would. Show her the chart too, have you been charting long? If you have a few charts completed already have a look at them and see if your temps have stayed on the low side throughout. Do you temp orally? I know it's common when taking regular temperature to do it underarm, especially when taking a young child's temp, but for this it has to be orally or vaginally for the most accurate reading

Yes I temp orally .
Been using the same thermometer for years though - don't know if it's still accurate or not as never changes battery.

this is my third cycle temping. Last two months they will a bit higher but not majorly.

Peaked at 36.45 in febs cycle but that was just one temp near the end . Peaked at 36.6 last month x

Is this the highest they have been throughout the time you have temped for?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->