anyone moving home while pregnant ??

Rihannalove

Reaction score
Hey everyone I'm very depressed now adays we live in a studio flat and we are looking to move home ASAP lo is due in may so we just got 3 months to find a place to move , we are looking to buy a property but dunno if we can afford the mortgage plus renting a nice place in london is a nightmare I'm so not looking forward to give birth in the studio flat I'm panicking everyday reason we want to buy a place is our mortgage will be a bit cheaper than rent but then again we are scared what if we loose our jobs and to pay £900 for 2 bedroom plus council tax on top with other expenses its too much sorry guys I'm going through alot :nope: anyone else is looking to move home ??

We are moving on the 11th of Feb. We planned to move in March, but a place opened up that was perfect and when we saw the sign we knew it was meant to be. We live in a one bedroom with an awkward staircase up to a loft type second floor in the middle of the apartment that would be impossible to secure when the baby starts crawling and walking, so we knew we had to move. I am very excited to move, even though it's going to cost more since we will have to pay our own electric there. I am not looking forward to having to move in the snow though. Just glad that my hubby's siblings will help us so he doesn't have to do all the lifting and carrying.

I think there are at least a few other ladies I've seen mention that they are having to move and due in May too.

We are moving middle of feb. Our friends who were going to help us move have just pulled out which puts us in a pickle and is starting to stress me out as we can't afford a Removal firm and it doesn't look like our parents will be able to help. I just hole we will get something sorted soon!

we might be moving in mid april and im due 11 july
were just waiting to hear back from the property manager if the landlord plans to up the rent if they do were going to move since were already paying a high rate for our town but we would hate to move because we love this house
dont get down about it sit down and work out the pros and cons see it as a step to the future

i was going to but ie decided against it you cant do everything all at once if you want something to be right then dont rush into any old place just to get it over with then its not right later on down the road just causes more stress and worry i totally get your circumstance but arent you better to wait until the baby is here and your back work and dont have to worry about job losses before you buy somewhere? i know its hard because you want it sorted before the baby is here but just my opinion dont rush into anything think about renting another place for awhile x

I'm due 6th May and we're moving some time in March, we have nothing for a deposit so won't be able to afford a mortgage, even though as you say it works out cheaper in the long run.

We are currently in a 2 bed house at the moment but OH moved in with me and I was already house sharing with someone else so now there's three of us in a tiny house and definitely not room for a fourth, plus I want it to be just the two of us when baby arrives.

We saw a rental place yesterday we liked which is just down the road from where we are now, it would be perfect as our friends would be nearby, neither of our families live in London so I didn't want to move away from everyone we know here, and the place is generally clean and tidy and in a quiet area. In short, I REALLY WANT IT!!! My only worry is we won't be accepted because the estate agent was making a fuss over us not earning enough to get through the credit check, we managed fine when we were both renting separately so I don't see how it's going to be a problem, have been awake half the night stressing about it ARRGHHH!! :growlmad: Just want it all sorted out now.

Sorry... rant over now :flower:

If you're worried about maintaining mortgage payments check your the website for your borough for housing benefit details, I think if you were made redundant you may qualify with some help for housing and maybe council tax, we are in London too and should get a little something whilst I am on mat leave:flower:

We've got to move by the end of March, baby is due in June but it all depends on my boyfs job as they pay the rent as part of his package. This means that we are dangling at the moment and waiting to see if they will clear it for us to move closer to the hospital we are at (West London). If not, we'll probably have to move to Guys hospital (central) near where we live now. The thought of moving, finishing my last teaching placement and my degree before June gives me the freak outs....plus i'm under consultant care...could life get anymore complicated??

https://global.thebump.com/tickers/ttb2e18.aspx

Im in the same boat. Flat we're in is lovely but it's on the top floor of 4 long flights of stairs which I'm already struggling with. Due 16 May and hope to be moved to something more suitable beforehand. Really want to set up the Nursery and get it all clean and nice.

Renting in London is so stressful! Wish we could buy somewhere but cant afford the deposit, maybe in about ooh 10 yrs we will have enough saved! Either that or we will have to move somewhere else eventually. It's really stressful I feel like the clocks ticking by and we still have no clue where we will end up!

is there any way you could move to a less expensive part of london?

We're in the process of talking to the landlord about transferring our lease to another place. Right now it ends July 1st and I'm due June 25. (Talk about cutting it close) I'm hoping we get into one by no later than May as that's when most people are done with school.

is there any way you could move to a less expensive part of london?

Its difficult as there arent that many less expensive places here. Even the kinda bad areas you are still paying about £800+ a month in rent and the places are not even that nice! Wish we could move our jobs somewhere else!

I moved at 36 weeks pregnant, not the best idea that I ever had!

Hi
We had a tiny 1 bed house and decided to move, we decluttered and used a storage place for about £60 a month, it was amazing the difference it made. Just thought I'd mention as it may work out much cheaper than moving and you can store anything you don't instantly need but they are open all day and weekends so you can pop back for stuff as and when. It's like having a spare room, just not in the house. XX

hi there i moved a week ago today and im knackered everyone keeps knocking i cant get nothing done its just fecking doing me head in xx

We are wanting to move, also due in May. Still need to find somewhere suitable and cheap enough, and while it isn't the end of the world if I give birth while we live in this house, it's not ideal and I'd rather move while pregnant than with a newborn. It's stressing me out a bit trying to find somewhere we can move into and get ready before my due date!

Thanks everyone for the replies finally we decided to buy a house and to share with my BIL I guess that's the only option for now at Least we can get a decent place and at a cheap mortgage but then again the sharing thing we always have to compromise somehow so let's see what time has got for us beside I wish I could win the lottery if it was over a million I would deffinitely do something for u all lol but that's just a dream keep updating this post whoever gets their place atleast I'll be happy one of us got settled down big hugs to all my lovely mums

im also moving currently in a studio flat which is tiny no room for a baby or me when i get much bigger, i dont think i will be able to fit in the shower!! :-s We sold ours just waiting for all the paperwork to be finalised we ahve also put in an offer on a masionette which is beautiful!! but waiting to hear about mortgage, im getting worried as i am showing and i dont want mortgage people to see incase we cant get mortgage i know we cant afford it on just dh wage so really worrying at the moment!! i am also worried about how we are going to be able to afford a bigger place, i know i will have to go back to work but then childcare costs will be high and will it be worth it affordabilty wise?! so will i just have to go to part time, but when etc!?! its all a bit of a stress right now!!!

im also moving currently in a studio flat which is tiny no room for a baby or me when i get much bigger, i dont think i will be able to fit in the shower!! :-s We sold ours just waiting for all the paperwork to be finalised we ahve also put in an offer on a masionette which is beautiful!! but waiting to hear about mortgage, im getting worried as i am showing and i dont want mortgage people to see incase we cant get mortgage i know we cant afford it on just dh wage so really worrying at the moment!! i am also worried about how we are going to be able to afford a bigger place, i know i will have to go back to work but then childcare costs will be high and will it be worth it affordabilty wise?! so will i just have to go to part time, but when etc!?! its all a bit of a stress right now!!!
I know what u are going through people like us we are stucked in the middle we can't apply for housing because of a little bit of saving and with that saving we can't either get a place hubby's wages are not enough and we have to look after our baby means a little bit of maternity pay for a while which doesn't last for long don't know what future has got for us but let's keep our fingers crossed hope that our Little one bring us some luck and happiness and an end for all these problems

thats it! so we are going to have to do everything on a budget, luckily i have a little bit of savings to make sure we can get bits ready for baby but its still a extra stress i hope stress doesnt effect baby, i would never forgive myself!!
but everything will work out!!!
its really nice to hear not only one in this position!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->