Anyone need a laugh?

GersPrincess

Mummy of 3, soon to be 4!
Reaction score
At my expense....... (and I don't blame you).

My Dad gave me a Mercedes A class recently and its an automatic. For the last 8 years I've always driven manuals, so 3 months on, I'm still getting used to this car.

I had to pop into town today, to post my Dad's birthday present and buy a few last minute things for hubby and I's holiday. As I was going to be out less than an hour, I left my bag at home, and just took my purse.

I did what I needed to do, then went back to the car, paid for my parking, chucked the bags in the boot and tried to start the car. The stereo came on, but the engine didnt. I tried again, thinking it was a bit odd, as there were no error/fault warnings or anything, and there was clearly enough battery power, but still it wouldnt start. 10 times I tried, before panicking and bursting into tears. I then remembered I'd left my phone at home, and so really panicked. I ran back into the shopping centre, found a phone box and tried calling my inlaws, but they were engaged, and the only other number I could remember off the top of my head, was DH (who is in Germany!) So I called him. As soon as he answered, I burst into tears, and he couldnt understand what I was on about. When I eventually told him, he reminded me I'm with the RAC and to call them.

Great, but I didn't know their number. I tried calling 118118 and 118247 but the phone wouldnt allow the call to go through, so called the inlaws again, cried down the phone, explained the problem, and eventually got the RAC number off them.

I called the RAC, and they said someone would be out within an hour, and I was to return to the car and wait there.

An hour and a half passed and RAC man arrives. I'm still :cry:, busting on a pee, with a severe headache, and feeling really faint.
He popped the bonnet up, put the keys in the ignition, and within 5 seconds, the car had started.....

I'd only managed to put the car in Neutral when it only starts in Park :dohh: ... I was so embarrassed...... I've never driven home faster. The shame of it!! :blush: The RAC man must have thought I was so stupid!!

Oh hun, it's so easy done when you're pregnant! Want to hear what I did? Couldn't find my mobile when I got in so I rang it from our home phone. Found it in my handbag, flicked it open and saw that I'd had a missed call from DH. Returned the call and our home phone started ringing. Realised DH must have called from home literally in the last minute which couldn't be possible as he was at work. Started getting concerned wondering how on earth someone had managed to call me from our home phone. Took me a good minute to realise the missed call had been me ringing the mobile to try to find it! Doh!!! How dumb am I!! Told DH when he got in and he just looked so sorry for me, like OMG she really is losing her marbles poor thing!! :rofl:

Oh hun, it's so easy done when you're pregnant! Want to hear what I did? Couldn't find my mobile when I got in so I rang it from our home phone. Found it in my handbag, flicked it open and saw that I'd had a missed call from DH. Returned the call and our home phone started ringing. Realised DH must have called from home literally in the last minute which couldn't be possible as he was at work. Started getting concerned wondering how on earth someone had managed to call me from our home phone. Took me a good minute to realise the missed call had been me ringing the mobile to try to find it! Doh!!! How dumb am I!! Told DH when he got in and he just looked so sorry for me, like OMG she really is losing her marbles poor thing!! :rofl:

:rofl::rofl::rofl: LOVE it!!! thanks for that, I don't feel quite so silly now, bless you!!

Don't feel too bad. The other day I couldn't get the stupid car keys out of the ignition. I come to realize that I didn't have the key turned all the way back so that I could get it out. :dohh: I also started panicing a few days earlier because it wouldn't start, but then I realized I was using the wrong key (our vehicle has three different keys: ignition, door locks, and trunk) :rofl:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"