Anyone not breast feeding??

bumpwanted

Reaction score
Or I am the only one :shrug:

my mw has been very supportive which is nice but a huge amount of people have said I am doing the wrong thing!

Which to be honest is getting me slightly riled lol

it's hard to explain the reason it's I just don't want to I find my breasts a sexual object!!! Lol I find the whole breast feeding thing very unnatural

I can understand why people try and change my mind after all breast is best i am amazed at the amount of support in mags, books, websites etc for breast feeding but hardly any for mums who have decided not to for what ever reason - each to there hey!

anyone else feeling like me x

You sound like me! I never breastfed either of my DD's and won't with this one. I don't feel bad however there are people who like to voice their opinions about it! Both my children are extremely healthy compare to my nieces and nephews who were breastfed!

I also think it gives my partner a chance to bond with baby at feeding times and i'm able to leave the house without the baby which gives me a break too.

I felt like you with my other pregnancies. I'm kinder changing my mind a bit now though. I haven't made my mind up weather I will breast feed this one or not.

I never had any nasty comments about not breast feeding my 3 lads. If I did I would have told them where to go. It's your choice and as long as baby is love and fed then that's all that matters. Xx

im totally the same .....
i never breastfed my daughter and i will not be doing it this time either ...... each to their own as they say , aslong as your happy and babys happy :) xxxx

I think you should keep an open mind tbh. I imagine you'll feel very different when your LO is here cos breastfeeding is the most unsexual thing you'll ever do LOL X

i have no intention of breast feeding :)
if bottle feeding was that bad, they wouldnt sell formula...each to their own :)
xxx

I'm not going to be feeding straight from the booby, but i will express the milk, for the nutritional values and so my partner can also bond and feed the baby :D

I'm going to try breastfeeding and give it a good go, but at the edn of the day it's a personal choice and don't let anyone make you feel bad. it's your body and I think people make out formula milk is poision or something nowdays(!) My mum breastfed my sister for 2 weeks then had to return to work (in the '70's) and I don't think anyone batted an eyelid.

Of course there's no denying how beneficial breast milk is for babies, but if you're not keen then it's your choice and don't let anyone make you feel like a bad mum or otherwise. There's plenty of women who can't breastfed and I think it's horible how society makes you feel like abad mum if you don't/can't.

x

You sound like me! I never breastfed either of my DD's and won't with this one. I don't feel bad however there are people who like to voice their opinions about it! Both my children are extremely healthy compare to my nieces and nephews who were breastfed!

I also think it gives my partner a chance to bond with baby at feeding times and i'm able to leave the house without the baby which gives me a break too.

^^WSS^^ Never BF either of my DS's and wont be BF this baby either.

I'm def planning on breastfeeding but i secretly think it's more for me than for LO. I've always just wanted to. My SIL is like a total supermum and has just had her second, she struggled to breastfeed her first and went onto formula after 2 days and decided this time she would just go straight onto formula because she wants to really enjoy this LO without the stress! She's been totally confident all along and hasn't had too much grief from the MW's. She's DEF not selfish or a bad mum or anything, i think she's amazing and brave so make your own choices about your own baby!

I do however know a couple of people who swore they wouldn't but then decided to feed right at the start just to give them the meconium (is that what it is or is that just the stuff for lambs??) and got hooked and carried on. Just a thought xxx

I'm def planning on breastfeeding but i secretly think it's more for me than for LO. I've always just wanted to. My SIL is like a total supermum and has just had her second, she struggled to breastfeed her first and went onto formula after 2 days and decided this time she would just go straight onto formula because she wants to really enjoy this LO without the stress! She's been totally confident all along and hasn't had too much grief from the MW's. She's DEF not selfish or a bad mum or anything, i think she's amazing and brave so make your own choices about your own baby!

I do however know a couple of people who swore they wouldn't but then decided to feed right at the start just to give them the meconium (is that what it is or is that just the stuff for lambs??) and got hooked and carried on. Just a thought xxx

meconium is baby poo! Youre thinking of colostrum, haha.

Its up to you what you do, theres no right or wrong way to feed your baby, i tried breast feeding DD but she was having none of it! so after her first few colostrum feeds we gave up attempting to BF i did express but that was only a few feeds a day, the majority was formula and she is perfectly healthy and a good weight, nice tall and slim, a lot of people say that formula fed babies are fatter but she never has been! Im planning on BF this baby but if he/she doesnt want to then il be bottle feeding again, the only right way to feed your baby is to do what your comfortable with :) good luck! xxx

Oh I am so glad I not the only one, I agree it's good for the dad to be able to bond and help out defintly

I think my family know I won't change my mind I am quite strong willed esp now pregnant!! Lol
on the plus side my mums very supportive and didn't breast feed me or my sister
runs in the family x!

i am going to try and breast feed as i did try with my other two but i didnt have the support or anything so it didnt work, if you dont want to breast feed that is your choice, and i think it is wrong for people to make you feel bad because your not doing it, its really sad that people can just accept that some women dont want to breast feed, there children are not any different from breast fed children imo my two were formula fed and they are both great! :flower:

if bottle feeding was that bad, they wouldnt sell formula...each to their own :)
xxx

I'm not here to dis bottle feeding and I see the point you are trying to make, but I think that people do sell stuff that's bad for us and our children all the time because the market is driven by what advertisers can make us buy!

I do think formula is very carefully designed to be as nutritional as possible (although some will suit some babies more than others) btw I just don't agree that they wouldn't sell us something that was bad for us.

^ Yeah, the sell alcohol, tobacco and tanning beds :dohh:

eta - not comparing them to formula at all btw!

its colustrum, hun meconium is there first poos

im all for choice, if you choose to spend your money on a subsitute that cant ever compare to the real deal then go ahead but i cant afford it so this baby has to have what mum can provide.

I formula fed ds1 after bf for 3 wks and combi feeding for 3 wks till my milk dried up caus i was returning to work and didnt have the time to express else he would have stayed on my milk much longer.

oh and i dont know any newmum whos felt "sexual" in the first 6 wks if they are truely honest with all the bleeding and lack of sleep that a newborn brings then sex is the last thing on most peoples mind and those i know who have dtd before 6wks it was always caus they felt guilty that their OH had been denied so long while they were pregnant lol the post birth body isnt sexy and your boobs are gonna change even if you dont breastfeed

^ also true. Your milk will come through whether your baby takes it or not so be prepared to have leaky, sore boobs for a week or so.

xxx

I'm not here to dis bottle feeding and I see the point you are trying to make, but I think that people do sell stuff that's bad for us and our children all the time because the market is driven by what advertisers can make us buy!

I do think formula is very carefully designed to be as nutritional as possible (although some will suit some babies more than others) btw I just don't agree that they wouldn't sell us something that was bad for us.

they do sell alot of stuff thats not " the best " for us loads of it infact Formula is a big money making business we dont see that side of it as much in the UK caus of the laws we have but im sure plenty of US mums have recieved Formula in the post from companies and babyclubs etc.... since getting pregnant why not caus they are so nice they want you to have free food for your baby but to get you sucked in to their brand and buying their product.

i didn't even consider bf my daughter, i was well supported in my choice and didnt receive any negativity at all. hopefuly you don't continue to feel vicimised and you can care for your baby how you choose.

for me as a 1st time mum, i was afraid i'd be overwhelmed with it all, so it was the right choice for me. i feel braver this time round, but refuse to put too much pressure on myself, i'll give it a go and see from there. hubbie is dead against it though so i may revert to bottlefeeding nearer the time, as to do bf without support would be impossible.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->