Anyone not chart, temp, use OPKs??

lucy_lu10

Mum to 2 boys
Reaction score
Just wondering if there's anyone else out there who doesn't chart, measure temperatures, or use OPKs, etc. I always feel like I'm the only one who doesn't when I read through all these threads! lol I just assume that I am indeed ovulating since I get AF every month (is it possible to not O with regular periods?) so DH and I just DTD like always and cross our fingers that one day we'll conceive (this is our 2nd cycle, TTC#2). I don't think we would have :sex: any more or less if I was charting, etc, I dunno. Do you ladies who use all that stuff find that you follow a different sex pattern or is it just more for your own interest/knowledge?

I don't chart or temp but have been using OPK since we started TTC. I have regular cycles 27-28 days but I feel the OPK's give me some indication that I am ovulating. If you have regular cycles and get positive OPK's, it's very likely you're ovulating. Of course it's not 100% accurate but there is a very very high probability!

I think charting is very stressful and I probably would never go down that road because I know I would turn into a total basket case, obsessing about every reading and driving myself crazy.

How long did it take you to conceive your first? The fact that you have a little one also strongly indicates that your body is fine! :)

You know sometimes I think it's best to not obsess over every detail because it just stresses you out more. Honestly there is no end to the anxiety once you start obsessing about this. If you have a good idea about when you're ovulating, you're only doing yourself a favor by staying way from the OPKs and charting! Though the OPK's do somewhat help me relax showing that my body is 'working'! Too bad they still haven't got me a BFP! :(

Just wondering if there's anyone else out there who doesn't chart, measure temperatures, or use OPKs, etc. I always feel like I'm the only one who doesn't when I read through all these threads! lol I just assume that I am indeed ovulating since I get AF every month (is it possible to not O with regular periods?) so DH and I just DTD like always and cross our fingers that one day we'll conceive (this is our 2nd cycle, TTC#2). I don't think we would have :sex: any more or less if I was charting, etc, I dunno. Do you ladies who use all that stuff find that you follow a different sex pattern or is it just more for your own interest/knowledge?

I don't...I have tried to use opk's in the past but my cycles are very irregular and it just seems like a waste.

And I have never charted or temped, I have a 2 yr old, so it is really hard for me to wake up and take my temp first thing, because I Have a million things I have to do....lol

You can have Af and not ovulate, but if your cycles are pretty regular, you are probably ovulating.

I think charting is very stressful and I probably would never go down that road because I know I would turn into a total basket case, obsessing about every reading and driving myself crazy.

How long did it take you to conceive your first? The fact that you have a little one also strongly indicates that your body is fine! :)

You know sometimes I think it's best to not obsess over every detail because it just stresses you out more. Honestly there is no end to the anxiety once you start obsessing about this. If you have a good idea about when you're ovulating, you're only doing yourself a favor by staying way from the OPKs and charting! Though the OPK's do somewhat help me relax showing that my body is 'working'! Too bad they still haven't got me a BFP! :(

Yeah I think if I started using OPKs, etc I would definitely turn into a psycho!! :loopy: It's enough to worry about with HPTs.

I got pregnant 2 weeks after stopping my pill, miscarried at 6 weeks, and then conceived my son 2 weeks after that. It all happened pretty quick so I have to admit I was kind of shocked when DH and I weren't successful on our first cycle last month and wondered whether I was ovulating or not. I've had 5 cycles since AF returned while nursing and I like to think that everything is back to normal. Hope so anyway!!!

I am not using any ovulation indicators or anything but this is only our first cycle trying!!

Both previous pregnancies we conceived within 3 months so hoping it happens just as easily this time - though we are both turning 34 so I am prepared for it taking longer!!

Good luck!:flower:

I don't do any of those things either. I have a fairly good idea when I ovulate as I get pains in my abdomen so I just BD every other day during the middle of my cycle until I get the pains. :thumbup:

I do use cheapie OPK's at the moment but that is only because I haven't ovulated for a while and have had crazy cycles since coming off the depo shot. I just want to get one positive and then once my cycles go back to regular like they were before, I wont be using them. I'll just assume that a regular cycle = fertile and ovulation will happen about 14 days prior to a period.

I don't temp or chart or lay with my legs in the air for half an hour afterwards either. I don't want to have a miserable TTC journey, and if that means it takes a little longer I'm ok with that.

Yeah I think if I started using OPKs, etc I would definitely turn into a psycho!! :loopy: It's enough to worry about with HPTs.

I got pregnant 2 weeks after stopping my pill, miscarried at 6 weeks, and then conceived my son 2 weeks after that. It all happened pretty quick so I have to admit I was kind of shocked when DH and I weren't successful on our first cycle last month and wondered whether I was ovulating or not. I've had 5 cycles since AF returned while nursing and I like to think that everything is back to normal. Hope so anyway!!!

Oh hun, you're totally fine! You'll be pregnant in no time!! Just relax and enjoy it! Very few people get pregnant in their first try and it's perfectly normal for healthy couples to take at least 3-6 months. Hang in there and you'll be seeing your BFP very soon!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->