anyone not doing anything to encourage labour?

nicole_

Aidy's Mummy
Reaction score
i bet im the only one haha,
i just feel that if babys ready he'll come and that EPO, RTL etc etc isnt really going to do much more lol bit of a sceptic here :haha:
just letting things happen as they happen as much as i want my body back to myself lol :)

I'm a terrible sceptic too, that and pregnancy has made me too lazy to care about anything :D

I totally agree with you baby will come when she is good and ready and nothing else is going to change that (PROOF: I have bought her 11 pairs of shoes she still isn't showing any signs of moving :D).

i agree completely ive never bothered trying to attempt all these things to start myself off in the past becuse i think that stuff only works if your gonna go into labour anyway rendering it utterly pointless however i do understand why people do it anything to pass the time really lol you know how much time drags at the end its awful! x

im happy to try things, just encase it helps, but i guess i too have a gut feeling that baby will only come when its ready.

The only thing I did was bounce on my birthing ball, and that wasn't everyday (I'm so lazy!! :haha:) and my LO came 3 days early :)

No I'm not trying anything and didn't last time. I am taking RLT this time as if it does help tone the uterus and strengthen it that can only be a good thing after my 35 hour labour last time! I'd rather my girl didn't come too soon as my son did and it was a nightmare.

I haven't tried a single thing.. In so fed up that I don't even want to try anything because I just think nothings going to work and she will come when she wants to :)

Also everything right now is so much effort lol

I'm doing what I can to keep this bub in for as long as I possibly can! So you are not alone!

Heh heh, I'm not doing anything to encourage labour, but then again, my little one isn't really ready to come out yet. I keep reminding her not to arrive early :)

I am not either! I have reasons though, and the biggest one being is that I am currently staying at my Mums with DF and my toddler whilst we get a new kitchen installed in our flat - so it is a waiting game between getthing that completed and me giving birth! But I do believe your body will go into labour when it is ready, even though I was eventually induced with DS!! LOL!

i managed to trigger my labour at 38 weeks with my son, but that was because he wasnt dropping and i was struggling to breathe even being stretched out :S so id had enough, this time round i think im gonna try hold on as long as possible as my OH is at Uni til May, and im due june, so im gonna try give him a breather before the arrival.

You don't need to do anything.
Also, RLT doesn't encourage labor. It just tones the uterus, so that the second stage (pushing) is faster. So, if you felt like it, drinking that is a good thing.

I'm not doing anything out of the ordinary either, I just scheduled a major exam at uni twelve days before my EDD. :laugh2:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->