anyone not find sex at 20 week scan?

highlandlassi

pregnant with twins
Reaction score
i will be going for my 20 week scan in just over a week. i have been so looking forward to it because i am dying to know what sexes my babies are. i have not even considered the fact they may be in the wrong position to find out. so i was just wondering how many of you were unable to find out the sex?

i can understand you very well as i was also dying to know.........i had my 18.4w scan and my doc tried hard to find out but she couldn't find it due to legs crossed.
i was also very disappointed...........but was very happy to know that baby was doing fine.......

at next scan at 21.4w, she could tell it and even showed us and we could see it very well.

good luck to you.......:hugs:

hi
i had my 20 week scan on wed and baby was all curled up with feet on its head having a snooze. took ages for the radiographer to check everything and eventually when we asked the sex she said she thought it may be a girl but really couldnt be certain for the same reason. im relieved that everything is okay but we really wanted to know, and we wont be getting any more scans. so i guess itll be a surprise.

:hugs: our scan isnt till june 4th but we are not finding otu the sex :) :hugs:

I didn't get to find out as the baby had it's legs crossed and the umbilical cord between them!

We will be finding out if possible but if i cant see at my 22 week scan ill pay for a private one. We NEED to know lol
xx

I didn't want to know at mine, but the sonographer said at the end of the scan that shes glad we didn't want to know as she couldn't tell as LO was all squished up :)

my scan is in 2 weeks and i cant wait, were deffo going to find out the sex, fingers crossed xxxxxxxx

We want to know too but our hospital say it's their policy not to tell!! So annoying, I don't know why. we're hoping they'll tell us anyway if we ask them enough.

I wanted to know the sex but baby had it legs closed, sonographer thought she may have seen girl bumps but was not really 100% sure, i guess i will have to stick to neutral colours till baby comes.

When we went for our 20 week scan the baby was to scrunched up the tech was unable to tell the sex . We had to go back two weeks later and asked if we could find out the sex and wouldn't you know it the baby had it's legs crossed . She got me to walk around for a little bit to get the baby to move into a differant position . We're told we're having a girl but the tech wasn't 100% sure so we're going to be keeping things pretty gender neutral just incase .

We had 20 week scan this past Wednesday and the baby wasn't in the right position to see parts. We actually went twice on Wednesday but he/she didn't want us to know just yet :)

We want to know too but our hospital say it's their policy not to tell!! So annoying, I don't know why. we're hoping they'll tell us anyway if we ask them enough.

Its the same for me the people that do the ultrasound wont tell us but my doctor says when she gets the report she will lol how silly

I have my 20 week a week tomorrow, I am going to drink the fizzy stuff in the hope its dancing around like all the other scans I've had, otherwise we're paying too!

We couldn't find out either. Baby was fast asleep with legs crossed throughout. Looks like we'll have to wait for the surprise!

wow ...i am glad i read how many of you could not find out. it may not be so disheartning not to find out if i am prepared that i may not. some of you said you would pay for a private scan to find out if needed? i never heard of that. anyone know if that is an option in ontario?

what s the fizzy stuff that u drink???

last time the baby was moving non stop so i hope in a week when am having the scan done, we ll be able to see something.
but i asked before, how is it possible that so many of u know the sex so early on??

You can tell as early as 15/16 weeks but it depends on baby cooperation and hospital equipments.

We will be finding out if possible but if i cant see at my 22 week scan ill pay for a private one. We NEED to know lol
xx

ditto :lol:

We have ours on Weds @ 18w1d and I am so convinced we will find out that it's bound to be sleeping with hands over privates so we'll never see :lol:

Does drinking Coke or something beforehand wake it up and make it jump around a bit? I have always felt kicks after the caffeine hit so maybe that'll make sure it's changing position enough :lol:

We wanted know what we were having but baby just lay there chilled with legs crossed and arms up in the air.........relaxed and laid back just like Daddy. LOL

Will be a nice suprise for us now...........

xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->