Anyone not get the stitch with shortening/incompetant cervix?

Tazi88

Reaction score
I was admitted to hospital last Monday with a funneling cervix (down to 13.5mm) and was given the steroid injections to prime little mans lungs. They kept me until Friday when they remeasured my cervix (now at 8mm) and said that they felt it was too risky to place a stitch this late (25w + 4 d) and sent me home to wait and see. I'm terrified as clearly my cervix is shortening significantly and to be told there is nothing besides the progesterone I'm on is a bit scary. Anyone have anything like this? Does anyone know of any other options to stop labor?

Hi Tazi,

Really sorry but i have no experience of this but i dont blame you for being really worried and i hope someone will be along soon to give some good advice.

The only thing i can suggest is to be prepared incase the baby does come early and find out if your local hospital takes babies before 28 weeks (i am sure you already know this). I am probably a doctors worst nightmare but i would of probably said i am not leaving and staying in on bedrest and to be monitored!!

Just go with your gut instinct and dont take no for an answer.

Take care and sorry i could not be more help

Hi Tazzi! No cerclage does not mean all is lost! My cervix was only a 1 from 21-33weeks. I was not a good candidate for a stitch and so had progesterone suppositories and complete bedrest. In the end, I still delivered a preemie, but it saved me from a loss or an extreme preemie.

At least you are past 25weeks. Good luck!

My cervix was looking good until around 27-28 weeks it shortened to 27 mm. I was too far along to get the stitch, but it's held up so far.

My first pregnancy was a nightmare at 29 weeks i woke up one morning and felt iffrent not bad just diffrent i showerd had breakfast did my hair and then decied to see my midwife i told her i didnt think it was anything serious i just had a feeling and wanted to stop in when i got there she said i was 1 cm dialated and 90% efaced a it happend out of the blue i didnt have a stich i was given the hormone shot like you and put on bed rest i carried my baby until 34 weeks and then was flown by helecopter to a city 260 miles away once at the hospital i dialated to 3cm and began labor my husband ariived at 4.5cm and my water still hadnt borken .i asked for the epidural and immediatly dialted out to 8 her head crowned they broke my water and told me not to push(ha yeah right) i finally dialated to ten and she was born. she weighed in at 5lbs 40z and diddnt need any asisstance thanks to the hormone shots. she even pulled out all her ivs lol she stayed in the nicu only because she developed jaundice. she is proof that babys born early can be tough sometimes they are just ready befor the world is. there was no reson for my early labour and im haveing complications angain with tis pregnancy im 31 weeks already thank god but my cervix is shortening out of the blue again. its hard not to stress but i know if i just do what i can to ensure he stays in(bed rest, no sex, lay off the pop lol) i will have done my best and thats all you can do just trust your insticts and dont be afraid to ask for help when you need it even if it turns out nothings changed after you go in to the hospital at 2 am and ask to be vhecked the fact that your going shows that you are aware of your body and what is going on iside you and that will is more important than what anyone tells you is happening trust yourself

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->