Anyone not know if they're having another?

My best friend is pregnant now too, we had our boys young at 22, so now at 26 our friends are starting to have babies so on the one hand it's nice we're not "alone" but now I'm sad I could be "done". Plus she's having a girl which is a little salt in the wound lol (not that I would change my boys for anything of course).

I love my boys to pieces but am desperate to have a little girl so that's my biggest fear too, I'd hate to watch all of my friends go on to have little girls. In fact the only reason I wouldn't try for another is the thought of having another boy and not a girl makes me feel genuinely quite sad as I know that would be it then, I know that sounds awful though

After having DS1, I thought I wouldn't want a 3rd if our 2nd child was a boy, because I'd be too scared/upset about having 3 boys and no girls. Now that I have DS2 though, I still want a 3rd and I'm actually not as worried about having a 3rd boy. I suppose it's because I love my boys to bits and boys are all I know, so I know I'd love a 3rd boy just as much. Of course, a little girl would be lovely, but I'm not desperate for a girl like I thought I might be.

I've had that thought too - boys are all I know so looking after a girl would be so different. It would also be so much more expensive buying all new clothes, toys, pink things etc. I think my biggest fear is that the men I know including my oh aren't that close to their mums whilst my mum is one of my best friends and I don't want my boys to grow up and for us not to have a proper relationship

Congratulations on your new arrival by the way, I missed how young he was the first time I read your post

My oh and i ended up talking last night (love night feeds lol) and he pretty much said he doesn't think we'll have another...think he was trying to gently tell me he doesn't really want to have another :( it might be better this way if i can try and let it go...

My oh and i ended up talking last night (love night feeds lol) and he pretty much said he doesn't think we'll have another...think he was trying to gently tell me he doesn't really want to have another :( it might be better this way if i can try and let it go...

It's still very early days though, another year or two could go by and he'll change his mind completely, or you even might change yours completely too. There's lots of time so nothing's really set or final X

It's still very early days though, another year or two could go by and he'll change his mind completely, or you even might change yours completely too. There's lots of time so nothing's really set or final X

I agree it's still really early days, I know my husband would have said no if we'd talked a few weeks about trying for another but last night he was all for it, I don't want to give you false hope but he might change his mind

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"