Anyone NOT nauseous?

Jencocoa

Reaction score
I experienced extreme and constant nausea almost my whole pregnancy with all three of my kids. I cannot be certain when it started but I feel like it was right away. I am 6 weeks and I have no nausea and my midwife is concerned. Thoughts?

This is my 3rd baby and I've never had morning sickness ever. *knocks on wood*
I was a little nauseous in the early days but now I haven't had any.
I'm not sure why that would concern your midwife. Every pregnancy is different.
I've got 2 happy healthy toddlers :)
We're lucky! :D

The lack of nausea may indicate my hormone levels not being where they ought to be, esp given my history with pregnancy and nausea. The nausea issue was one of a few reasons shes worried but she said shes optimistic. Cervix closed, uterus enlarged, scan scheduled for next week.

Ah, that would make sense.
Wishing you lots of luck! Hopefully everything goes ok for you!

I wouldn't worry about it just yet. Every pregnancy is different. With my first, I had extreme nausea and vomiting in the first trimester. (Though it didn't begin until after where you are, if I remember correctly... because I was probably at least 6 weeks before I even found out I was pregnant.) When I was pregnant with my second, I had some very unpleasant nausea, but no vomiting. With this pregnancy I didn't get the first hint of nausea until after 8 weeks. It lasted for a week or two, and then faded away. It came and went after that... but was very mild. It was more about food aversion for me, and the nausea would come if I thought about eating the wrong thing or waited too long between meals. I remember being very nervous in the beginning because of the lack of nausea combined with some other factors. But I'm now 21 weeks pregnant with a healthy little girl. :)

Wishing you lots of luck and sticky baby dust. <3

I read that nausea can actually also indicate progesterone being too low (as well as being high). So the fact that you have less nausea this pregnancy may mean your hormone balance is better! I'm on progesterone suppositories this pregnancy and I'm not nearly as sick as I was with my other two. Also, nausea typically only starts around 6 to 7 weeks. Are you sure yours didn't before? I know my precious first trimesters are a bit of a blur but looking back at online conversations from the time, that's definitely true for me.
Try not to worry! I know it's hard but at only 6 weeks, this really doesn't mean anything. And even later, you might just be lucky this time and have less nausea despite having a perfectly healthy pregnancy.

15 weeks here & did not have a day of nausea or any sickness, and my baby is doing well. So don't worry- every pregnancy is different and the presence or absence of nausea doesn't tell you anything about viability of a pregnancy X best of luck X

I get very occasional waves of extremely mild nausea. So basically nothing. I only had nausea with my daughter when I was at work. But that was due to the fact I was working 12 hour shifts in a busy hospital with no breaks even for a drink. On my days off I was fine.
I wouldn't worry, plenty of woman have nothing. If she was worried, did she order a bhcg or any other bloods to test your hormones? For most people morning sickness doesn't kick in until 6+ weeks anyway

Yes they did blood work. I can call tomorrow for results. Scan ordered for next week. She thinks it's possible it's too early or I'm wrong on my dates. Thanks ladies, you are right it's too early to know/worry.

Mine has only just kicked in midway through week 6. I didn't have any at all with my son. With my daughter back in 2010, I was sick as a dog and with most of my other losses I was as well.
Every pregnancy is different honey xx Also you still have plenty of time for it to kick in :hugs:

Sorry to hear you and your midwife are concerned. I agree it sounds strange that after two nauseous pregnancies, you're having one that is nause-free, but I hope it's some reassurance that I know a few women that this happened to (and the opposite - one nauseous pregnancy with the others being sickness free). Every pregnancy is so different. Hopefully it's no worry. I hope your scan goes well.

I get very occasional waves of extremely mild nausea. So basically nothing. I only had nausea with my daughter when I was at work. But that was due to the fact I was working 12 hour shifts in a busy hospital with no breaks even for a drink. On my days off I was fine.
I wouldn't worry, plenty of woman have nothing. If she was worried, did she order a bhcg or any other bloods to test your hormones? For most people morning sickness doesn't kick in until 6+ weeks anyway

Got the results of the blood work. Progesterone and hcg low.

every pregnancy is different. With my oldest I didnt get sick that much. 2nd I was SO sick, it was really hard. 3rd was so-so. I was sick but not that bad. And 4th wasn't too bad at all.

So far with this pregnancy I have been feeling pretty sick but every pregnancy is different so try not to worry so much x

I never had any symptoms including nausea with any of my pregnancies - I think it's genuinely pot luck if you get it or not.

Good luck x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->