anyone not started on nursery yet?

eddjanuary10

Reaction score
hey girls! i was just wondering how long is too long to leave doing the nursery do you think? like by how many weeks would you like to have it complete by? i am stressing! having alot of work done on the house just now, extension for a new kitchen taking up alot of time, then the old kitchen will have to be stripped out & turned into something we haven't decided yet, sitting room being renovated... its looking like it will be end of November/beggining Dec before theres even time to think of nursery. babys due 15/16th Jan! :rofl: wish i could afford to hire a team of interior designers!

Me toooo who want to do my nursery?????? You tell me what to get and where to put it and I can show you the results... NO TALENT IN DECORATING!!!!!

lol - i wouldnt worry, just take your time and get the house finished first :D

we've havent got anything for the nursery yet, we only moved in end of July and stil have boxes in the babys room anyway lol!!!

we'll prob start on ours and start buying stuff in November too and babys due 24th Jan :D

xxx

heyy, I am exactly the same...we have a new place to move into but decided we would do it up and decorate before we moved in. Well we pulled wallpaper off and the plaster fell off with it so now we have to wait for the whole downstairs to be replastered...plus we need a new bathroom in. The plumbers doing the bathroom have adviced it would be better not to have too much furniture and stuff in before they do it as they will create a lot of dust so therefore it's looking like at least the beginning of November before we can even consider putting the furniture in and I'm reluctant to paint and stuff aswell incase dust sticks to that and stuff so probably won't be until December when mine is done :(

I'm the impatient type too...I just want it all now

The nursery won't be decorated until our new house is ready (which is expected to be sometime mid-December) and baby is due in January! It's frustrating because I want to do it all now!!!

Id love a nursery but wont have one for a while yet.

We are in RAF housing in a 2 bedroom house, we could do the paperwork for a move to a 3 bedroom house before baby is due but DH is due to be moved to a new RAF base anyway next year and I dont think I want the hassle of moving twice in 12 months.....

Although I bet when i see pictures of peoples nursery's on here i'll want to move !

We painted the guest room before I got pregnant in anticipation of a baby, but we don't plan to do any nursery decorating until after Christmas (when we'll hopefully get something to put in there).

were not even doing one.
we live in rented home, dont see it big deal, baby likely aint going to be going in till 4-6months old so plenty of time.

Our "nursery" spare room is full of mainly OH's books and crap, so its his job to get that all sorted and into the loft or else it goes on ebay or into the bin lol.
Ive told him He needs to get it sorted sooner rather than later as I wont be able to do much once im the size if a whale!
We have decided on the colour and theme, and most of the furniture cot etc.. just need to put it all together, one big trip to ikea, B&Q and mothercare I think! xx

thanks girlies i feel better now! ppl have such nice pics of their nurseries on, but looking makes me panic! you sound really busy there too jess, oh dear about the plastering! good luck to us all! xxx

We are renting and waiting to buy (HOPEFULLY before Christmas, but the market is so stagnant at the moment... :nope: ). Baby will be in with us for a while, so if we don't move before he arrives, wont be a huge deal. Shame, though, would be lovely to have a room for all the baby things :cloud9:

Good luck.

QT

Our "nursery" spare room is full of mainly OH's books and crap, so its his job to get that all sorted and into the loft or else it goes on ebay or into the bin lol.
Ive told him He needs to get it sorted sooner rather than later as I wont be able to do much once im the size if a whale!
We have decided on the colour and theme, and most of the furniture cot etc.. just need to put it all together, one big trip to ikea, B&Q and mothercare I think! xx

lol! laughing at you putting all oh's stuff on ebay!

Same here QTPie....OH's mum had a clear out about 4 weeks ago which meant all his sh*t ended up in the spare room (nursery). We are currently getting things put on ebay!!! I want the room cleared and repainted (freshened up - already yellow and winnie the pooh theme) and carpet shampoo'd by end of Oct. Want to start getting furniture and stuff in by end Nov or early dec.

Want everything ready by xmas so we can just relax and wait for baby to arrive!!!!

xxx

I cant afford to move out of my MILs until Mid November time....LO is due 20th December.

Haha its going to be madness, but we are only renting, so will prob just have a few pictures on the wall etc in the babys room..I dont think the baby will care until its older, and we prob wont be in the same flat anyway.

I'm just dreading moving when i'm 8 months gone.....thank god for friends....I have about 9 people lined up to help so we can be in and settled in 1 weekend....I'm going to supervise (I dont think they know what theyve let themselves in for!)

I love setting up the baby's room! - so much that I'm trying not to do too much at once. I want to stretch it out. I do have a crib already and some baskets, but still plenty to do!

Hiya!!

I have not done anything yet!

Baby will be in our biggest spare bedroom. At the moment it has a single bed in it and thats all - that bed will be moved to another room. We have a new house so its all freshly painted, neutral carpets etc. I am planning on leaving the walls and carpet as they are, but will be using bright coloured bedding, mobile, toys etc to stimulate baby.

In fact, we have added an extra rail inside the cupboard for more storage-does that count?!?

we wont have a room for baby until it arrives.

i dont work n partner lost his job last week so we are having to go onto housing benfit till he gets work which means we are only entitled to a one bed place. we're in a tiny one bed flat atm and even with the few bits we've got its a squeeze, god knows how we're going to even get a cot up in our room let alone have all babies stuff.

plus side i guess is that once baby is here we can move in to a 2 bed and at least we'll be moving in as a family together x

Well looks like i wont be getting my own flat till after baby is born due to the fact i cant afford rent, so in the meantime i have to share my room with baby for about 2 months. I have already started the sorting tho, so my wardrobe is v small but all i have in it is maternity clothes and a few bits for jan and feb as it will be cold, and all her clothes, and its a lot! and got some ikea drawers set of six that will get built next week, and got to move my bed and shove it in the corner and moses basket at the end of it. Thats all i can do really, but its fine!! new house, new room, all new carpet and pain (brown and creme ) and ill make it work! :D

Right now we don't have a closet in our room so all our clothes are stored in the closet in the nursery (currently a guest room), hubby just picked up the flooring for our room and the nursery last weekend which hopefully means he'll be starting it soon. He is going to add a huge walk-in closet in our room (I can't wait!) so we can move the clothes and linens out of the guest room and get her room going.
I am hoping the room will be done by December so we can just sit back, relax and enjoy the last month and a bit of pregnancy, and of course Christmas :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->