Anyone on heparin injections?

sammie13s

Reaction score
So after losing my daughter at 9 days old then losing my son at 15 weeks pregnant iv been told today I'm going on heparin injections. Now iv done slot of reading about this and it seems it doesn't do much. I no it thins your blood to prevent clotting and stuff but don't see how this will benefit me as I don't have a blood clotting disorder?

I'm on heparin and I don't have a clotting disorder, but I do have a genetic defect (MTHFR gene) that the think leads in increased chances on miscarriages (and causes clotting). I have to take folate in its natural form...cannot convert folic acid to folate very well. Anyways, the furthest i got was 9 weeks. With the heparin, I'm at 17 1/2 and praying every day for further progress.

Heparin is a class C pregnancy drug which means that studies have shown adverse effects in trials with animals but it is unethical to do human trials with pregnant women. If your doctor has prescribed it to you than he has weighed the risks with the benefits and chose it is best for you. A pregnant women's liver naturally produces more clotting factor which puts her at a higher risk for blood clots. Do you have a family history or have you had blood taken? If your confused about your doctors reasoning then he will have no problem going over his rationales with you so give him a call. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->