Anyone on IVF Donor Egg Journey this November 2015.

FrancesO

Reaction score
Hi All,

I am 44yrs old and new to this forum. I just started a donor egg cycle on 25th November 2015 after a 2yr break and I'm quite excited to start this journey again. I've had 4 failed IVF cycles including one with a donor egg.

I would like to know if there's anyone else starting the egg donor cycle this month so that we can share information and experiences. Would also like to hear from ladies who had successful egg donor IVF cycles. What worked and didn't work for you?

From information gathered all over the internet and fom different forums, I hear that eating pineapples in the 1st two weeks of you cycle helps so I'm eating a lot of it and also doing a lot of walking for exercise. Please share with me anything you have tried that has helped.

Hey! I'm not using a donor egg but I came across your post and thought I'd reply. We're putting one in January. From what I've read - I've read the pineapple thing too but some posts say not to have too much. Are you getting acupuncture before your transfer? I might do it in the next two months to gear my uterus up for implanting. Food wise I think I'll just keep up the lots of nutritious fruit and vegetables and make sure your protein is up. I'm whole food plant based (please no judgement I've done so much reading and research) I guess I am a bit more regiment about getting those beans and legumes in. I also read somewhere that Iodine is important to have because if you're low you could miscarry and it's important for foetal brain development. I guess I have to be more careful but lots of people are low. I have read somewhere about fresh Royal jelly and my dr didn't want me to have it when I was on the stimms. I just sprinkle bee pollen on my pats in the morning along with everything else. Keep up a good fish oil - well I use Opti 3 because it's a vegan one. But Omega 3's are important. Oh and there's stuff out there on how good avocados help IVF success rates. Doesn't day what stage but they're healthy anyway. I try for a half or a quarter every day. Generally I think keep relaxed and positive.
Oh and watch a funny movie after transfer - apparently this helps! And they tell you to have lots of sex to help mimic what's happening in nature. I'm sure a vibrator or something will do the trick.
I wish u all the best!

Thank you so much for your comments, I find them to be very insightful. Looking back at my previous cycles, I just wish I knew some of the things I'm learning now. I'm doing my best to be to relaxed and have a positive attitude.

Maybe we can be buddies if you don't mind?

Hi Frances, I just wanted to stop by and wish you luck with your cycle. After 3 failed IVFs with my own eggs we moved onto donor egg. It was definitely the best decision I made. Our cycle worked but unfortunately I had an ectopic pregnancy, but I did fall pregnant which was a first for me. I have a frozen embryo and still remaining hopeful. I truly believe if you have a healthy mature egg, good sperm and a healthy environment for the embryo to implant you have a good chance of getting pregnant. I tried 'everything' on all my own cycles, the list is endless, cost me a fortune and none of them made any difference. With this cycle I took my clinics advice and didn't change anything, I was told not to change my diet but eat a healthy balance diet, avoid alcohol and refrain from sexual intercourse during the TWW. I took conception tablets with omega3, folic acid and 75g of aspirin a day. That was it.

Don't have any regrets on your previous cycle, stay positive and believe in this cycle. Your chances of getting pregnant this time will be much higher than before so I say relax, enjoy the injection free cycle and look forward to being PUPO

Wishing you all the best. :flower:

P.S there is a thread called 'Inconceivable and beyond' a lot of the women on there have used DE, all just had babies, about to give birth or cycling if you want to have a read of their journeys.

Thank you so much Pinkie. I'm just going to relax and enjoy the ride. Just wondering, did the doctors give you any explanation for the ectopic pregnancy? I know that there's that risk but just wondering if there's any reason or something that predisposes one to it. I have read that IVF actually reduces the risk of ectopic but I still read that it happens.

Frances--good luck to you this cycle! What I've read about pineapples is that it is helpful for implantation if you eat the core for 5 days after ov/transfer. The core has bromelain in it. It's not good to eat it longer than that, though. I know in some Asian cultures it's a no-no. The core is really bitter, so most people just divide the whole pineapple into five sections and put one section in a smoothie each day. Selenium is also good for implantation, so eat some brazil nuts, too!

I am not doing a donor cycle...yet. I have one more IUI to do, then we are moving on to IVF, probably with donor eggs. That wouldn't happen until January or February, unless my IUI works, then it wouldn't need to happen at all!

. Just wondering, did the doctors give you any explanation for the ectopic pregnancy?

I was told that embryos can migrate and there was nothing I could do to prevent this from happening and they cannot tell me why it happened.

Unfortunately I think I am just having a run of very bad luck.

Thanks so much. All the best with your IUI and I lock my faith with yours to say that it will work.

Frances--what do you mean?!? That sounds really funny/weird, like you are asking how do you go about stalking someone... Haha

Stalking lol, that does sound funny the way you worded it.

Do you mean 'stalking a thread/journal'? Basically when someone types 'Stalking' on a thread or in someones journal it means they want to follow the journey and because you have posted it means you will received a notification when there is an update which means you keep up to date with all the news (if that makes sense?)

:flower:

Frances--what do you mean?!? That sounds really funny/weird, like you are asking how do you go about stalking someone... Haha

I seeing some people's post where they say they're stalking someone. I kind of get a sense of what they mean bt I don't how to and that's why I asked. I just want to know how it works.

Hey Frances I thought I'd drop you and email to say hi - I've also just done my first donor embryo transfer. I'm 45, and have had 4 failed ivf's with my own eggs. I have immune issues so my problem is a combination of old eggs and my body attacking the embryo once pregnant. After lots of advice we are now going down the donor egg route and I'm v. excited and just praying that younger eggs (Donor is 35) make all the difference. We only had 2 embryo's that made it to day 3 - so took advice not to wait to day 5 and put them both back in. Both good quality (grade 1, and grade 2). Its now the waiting game. no real symptoms so to speak just really hot the last two nights - sweating which I'm just assuming is all the hormonal meds just building up. I'm taking 25mg prednisolone, utrogestan x 3 daily, Vagifem x 2 daily, Lubion injections x 1 daily, Clexane injection x 1 daily, Thyroxine 25mg daily, and Test day is Friday. Good luck with your journey! Eeek. Oh and Pinkie ... if you are reading this, I read the entire thread Inconceivable and Beyond .. the girls on there sound so lovely and so supportive! :)

Good luck, beetle!! I hope the donor route & the immune protocol are just what you need. Can't wait to hear about your bfp just in time for Christmas! :flower:

Hey Beetle,

Thank you so much for writing on my wall. It feels good to know someone who's walking the same road as I see that you and I seem to have a lot in common. I'll be praying for you and I'm certain you'll get a BFP this time. Just so yo know, you'll be my first stalkee (lol). All the best as yo take your test on Friday.

Quick update for you all. I started spotting yesterday 10dp3dt and thought it was all over but today I tested and BFP!!!! I didn't believe it so did a clear blue digital test and that said pregnant 1-2weeks! Although I have stopped spotting the Lister want me to get hcg and progesterone bloods done so hopefully I'll get the answers this pm. Frances how are you doing? When is your test day? ��

Hey Beetie,

I am so happy for you and feel like I already know you. This pregnancy will be carried to full terms. I prayed for you this morning and I'll still be praying for you.

:hugs::happydance::thumbup:

Wow!! Beetle, a huge congrats to you! You are pregnant! I am thrilled the donor and immune worked for you.

Frances, where are you at in your cycle? Have you transferred yet, do you have a test date? You're next!!!

AFM--I have my final IUI tomorrow. Didn't manage to get two follicles (even though I was injecting follistim and menopur), which is what I wanted to give a better chance. It's good reinforcement that I do not stim well & if this doesn't work I will likely not use my own eggs for IVF.

Beetle, I have commented on the other thread but massive congratulations again.

Frances, I hope the cycle is going well. What stage are you at?

Vonn, the best of luck with the IUI tomorrow. I hope this is a xmas bfp for you.

:flower:

thanks Ladies - does it make sense if I say it doesn't feel real or like its happening to someone else?! I've been waiting, and hoping and praying for so long that now I have a BFP its like its a dream!
Anyway words of reassurance for everyone. I'm 45 with immune issues and donor egg has just given me a BFP. So there is hope for everyone out there.

Frances - you are so lovely. I'm not sure where you are at - but I'm thinking of you!

Vonn - wishing you all the best ... you never know you may get your miracle sooner than you think. But at least you know where your path is going if it doesn't work.

Pinkie - bless you. I have a good feeling about your next cycle. Your body knows how to get pregnant so it should respond beautifully. In the meantime you get to enjoy a lovely Christmas, rest up and get those positive vibes going again. Lots of You time. Have you considered some rebalancing Reflexology?

Anyway have a lovely weekend ladies! Apologies if I missed anyone. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->