Anyone on medication for high BP?

ljpossi123

Reaction score
Hi

Firstly i had the swne flu jab this morning - anyone had bad side effects i should be aware of??

Secondly, i then had a midwife appt and got the results of last weeks GTT which was 5.5 which is apparently "normal" so i'm chuffed (i had GD with first pg and was borderline with second pg so v happy to be normal this time!!) Then she did the dreaded BP - i've had high bp on and off through pg and also when i wasn't pg so i never know whats going on with my stupid bp. Today it was a bit high so she's sending me to see the consultant tomorrow. In a way i hope they give me medication cos then i won't have the uncertainty every time but was just wondering if any of you are on bp meds and what are the pros and cons.....

Thanks in advance
Lisa
29 weeks

yeah im on bp medicine, had high bp for a few months now and they put me on recently and then are going to induce the baby at 40 weeks. in terms of pros/cons of the medicine im not sure of any cons but i do know that high bp can be dangerous for you & baby and can cause you to have a small baby/restricted growth - my baby is small, so i think its best to take the medicine imo!

not sure about the BP but as for swine flu jab i had mine last thursday and just had a sore arm for the day after no other side effects x

Hey, yeah I'm on medication for high BP too!

I was on 25mg of Atenolol which is a beta blocker, but it wasn't doing anything so they increased it a couple of weeks ago to 50mg. This is the maximum you can take whilst pregnant and its finally working!!

Only cons I've been told are that it can slow babys heartbeat down - I have regular checks and babys heartbeat is fine so no worries there yet. Also the tablets can cause baby to be small, I have been told that my baby is small - but who knows whether it was the high BP, the meds or if my baby was gonna be small anyway :shrug: Its not tiny, just on the smaller side of average! As long as its a healthy weight I'm glad I don't have to push out a 10 pounder :haha:

xx

No idea re-BP meds but I had swine flu and just had sore arm for four or five days - painful to touch, red, swollen, tender and can still feel lump under skin but nothing else.

Had the h1n1 shot and I had no side effects other than a sore arm for two days (3-4 to touch) and that was it for me :)

I am also on BP meds and I am not sure about the pros-cons part. I suffered a complete placental abruption my last pregnancy which ended in our son passing away 8 hours after delivery and the only thing they said that they felt caused it was real high BP (dumb doc last time didn't put me on meds or anything).... so I felt the pros would outweigh any cons with that fact alone but that is my personal experience. Not everyone with high BP will suffer from this, in fact it is very rare to the degree I had anyways, but high BP isn't good at all so I wouldn't be too worried if you need the meds for it :)

I was put on Procardia for contractions but it is also used for blood pressure medication. I took ALOT, I was an experimental patient pretty much because I was going into labor at 27 weeks. I was taking 60mg extended release every 8 hours. (THIS IS ALOT!!!!) I had to be monitored twice a day (I was put into the hospital because of it) They just took me off and me and baby are fine. The only side effects were a rapid heart rate for mom and baby had do effects (or at least mine didn't) plus having head aches first going on to the meds and being taken off the meds. I am a weird case though.

No info on BP, but I had the H1N1 vaccine 1 1/2 months ago. No side effects at all, not even a sore arm.

Hi, I ve had both! Swine flu a few weeks ago with no issues at all, i had panderix. And also just spent 4 days in hospital while they tried to stabilise my crazy blood pressure, im now on 200mg of labetalol every 8 hrs. No side effects and it started to work within a couple of days, my bp was very high 165/112 consistantly so it needed to come down or they were going to induce me.
xx

Im on labetalol, 100mg 3 times day for bp after went to 140/124 couple wks ago, some side effects are drowsiness, not sleeping and weight gain but know thats far better than the high bp so im happy with taking it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->