anyone on pre payment meter for electric?

chel27

mum to 3
Reaction score
i was just wondering this because our meter would usually beep once we were down to pound and let us know we were going on emergency which is good for me as i always forget about it otherwise :rofl: well we had 2 occasions where it didnt beep and our electric cut off :rofl:

so we contacted british gas and they said they would get our meter changed for us, great we thought!! so today a man came round to change our meter, he then informed us that we were infact on a double tariff and paying 25 pence per kw AND 12 pence per kw when it should be only 12 pence per kw on single tariff!!
the bloke actually showed us this on the meter and i was fuming!!!! i thought we were paying alot out on electric!!! he changed our meter for us but did also say that once we go and top up again....the key will automatically update and go back to the higher tariff...sooooooooo the conclusion is that british gas are stealing our money!!!!! and also have the cheek to deny it.

we rang them up and they have informed us that since august 2008 we have paid a staggering £1300 on electric!!! my OH said "were not lighting up blackpool you know :rofl:" so we are waiting for a call back tomorrow to see how much they have conned us by......anyone else had similar problem? what are your usual annual electric bills?

oh and i would check your electric meters to if you have a pre payment one xxx

sorry i have no idea about pre-pay electric ect. lol
but my gosh that is ALOT of money!! that is just crazy
i pay $60 every 3 months.... (canadian) for a large one bedroom
where on light is always on (cuz of my bird)

Im on a pre payment but with a different company a few months back we discovered we were being charged £6 everytime we topped up for a debt we didnt owe! We had wondered what was eating our electrcity, A couple phone calls later, we got a new key and a total refun rounded up so we couldnt complain!

Request a new key, dont use the one you have unless nessacary coz its in the key that its programmed to take the money from you! (or something like that!)

We normally get away with £35 a month electric with some left over at end month, and thats with lights on in day and comp and hifi on pretty much constant even if not in use!!

Im also on pre-payment and am now going to check it!!

Id be fuming if i where you!! Hope it gets sorted soon for you :)

:hugs:

We pay a lot for our pre-payment meter also, but we did have a debt for when our meter wasn't working properly. I just usually check the statements we get sent periodically which state what you owe & what you have actually spent / bought - will be checking the next one thoroughly believe me!!!

have been arguing today againg with british gas about how much we have spent and they are still denying it and saying we are on a single tariff and always have been :) we dont seem to get any statements and when i asked for one tonight they said they cant send it to us??? hmmmmm sounds fishy aye xx also you can all check yourselfs what your tariff is by looking at your meter, i will now keep checking that mine stays at what it should be xx just thought would make you all aware xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->