Anyone on the same boat?

lauren1991

Reaction score
Hiya.

I'm Lauren, I'm 21.

I have a little boy Kameron, born 14th November 2012 by EMCS.

He's my absolute world. Don't get me wrong he can test my patience but what baby doesn't when their screaming the place down?

Me and his dad get married in 13 days and I'm desperate for another baby but he's not open to the idea. He think it will be too much considering he works constantly so its me and Kameron alot of the time.

I would really like a little girl but I think we're destined to have boys. Not that there's anything wrong with that. I'm jealous of pregnant girls because I miss it :(

I got the implant a couple of weeks ago but my OH wants me to get it taken out. I'm bleeding constantly, mood swings galore, headaches, sore boobs, cramps and a killer of back ache.

He wants to go back to using condoms considering I'm hopeless at remembering to take the pill. I'm hoping we have an accident one day so I can get pregnant. Kevin's wanting more but not just yet.

I was adamant when I was pregnant that I only wanted one but kev said "there's no way I'm having just one child"

Is there anyone else who's desperate for another child so soon?

Hi there,

Our babies were born quite close together!

I am eager for another child, I can't wait but I know it's not realistic for us. I need to go back to work for my own sanity for a while and to build up some more money for us to have another child. I don't want to have to watch every single penny so we can have a child, I'd like to be comfortable.

We've agreed to try when LO is about 2 years as she'll have her free 15 hours in nursery at 3 years, meaning ill have some alone time with the newborn, which I think is important.

2 years seems a long way off, but I know for us it's the right thing to do. Also it will be our last baby (we agreed on two and can live comfortably with two) so I don't want to rush that time by.

I wouldn't be able to cope with LO now and a newborn, I'd be too tired and I'd feel like I wouldn't spend the quality time with LO that she deserves. I'd like to enjoy her first for a while then try.

It is difficult to compromise I think when you both want different things! :flower:

X

Least you's have worked out when yous want another lol. Kevin's so laid back he's horizontal!

I haven't worked for a year now and Kevin's wanting me to remain as a stay at home mum.

I'm never exhausted, the only time kameron gets demanding is when he's over tired or hungry other than that he likes to watch tv, play on his play mat or stand up on ur legs and pull hair lol! I'd much rather have mine close together like a year or so apart.

You have the right idea though of goin back to work and living comfortably.

I know only 11 days apart and both by EMCS. Can tell u something not sure if I want another section lol

Least you's have worked out when yous want another lol. Kevin's so laid back he's horizontal!

I haven't worked for a year now and Kevin's wanting me to remain as a stay at home mum.

I'm never exhausted, the only time kameron gets demanding is when he's over tired or hungry other than that he likes to watch tv, play on his play mat or stand up on ur legs and pull hair lol! I'd much rather have mine close together like a year or so apart.

You have the right idea though of goin back to work and living comfortably.

I know only 11 days apart and both by EMCS. Can tell u something not sure if I want another section lol

Do you like the idea of being a stay at home mum? I think I'd like to if we were financially stable, but then I think he'd rather be a stay at home dad ha. I think in some ways I'm still selfish in terms of wanting to still do well at work (I got to a good position before I left) but then I don't want to miss out on LO growing up either. It's like the angel v devil situation, I feel like I can't win! I've asked for reduced hours as a compromise.

How did you find your emcs?

I had a really pleasant experience, my labour wasn't progressing and instead of dilating up I dilated back down! Ha I didn't even know that was possible at the time and LO was a big back to back baby.

I just posted to see how other mums of big babies got on with their second as I'm contemplating a planned section if we get pregnant again as this labour was such a nightmare!

Xx

Hi :wave: I am Corrine... I am 22.. I am getting married in 5 months ... We have a boy who is 22 months...as soon as I found out he was a boy at the 20 week scan I cried my eyes out. I Was desperate for a girl.. I just know that I will never have a girl I get so Jellous when I other people get girls without trying... Me and my oh aren't getting on well at the mo...me and my lo aren't getting on very well either.. We were thinking of having a honeymoon baby but struggling to cope with lo ATM I don't think it's a good idea :(

I think we are in a similar boat babes xxxx

Don't get me wrong I wanted a boy first, he's my absolute world. I just think we will have boys. If your not on good terms a honeymoon baby might not be the best idea. Probably best to get back on track first.

My EMCS wasnt SO bad. I was induced at 40+3. Was given the little pill behind my cervix and LO didn't react well to it so my waters were broken at 1cm dilated, kept in CLU and I was contracting too much too often, he was back to front the remainder of my pregnancy then during labour turned back to back and lodged his head in my pelvis proper jammed it down in there. So his heart was dropping because every contraction he was getting more and more stuck.

Eventually I got an epidural at 3cm because I was over contracting then taken for a section. Took 30-40 mins of pulling to get him out he was that stuck. Eventually they cut into rectus muscle sewed a tube inside me attached to a bag for a drain and that was us. Took a long time to recover. He was 8lb 5oz. My section scar is still very tender etc. how was urs?

I wouldn't mind being a stay at home mum. I was sacked for being pregnant at 11 weeks so OH told me not to get another job because stress (we had a miscarriage in the November 2011) so he didn't want to risk it.

But I do think id like a little part time job even if its 8 hours a week lol. Just give me a little break. But no one to watch LO. OHs mum lives down the road but she's an alcoholic, and she's picked LO up when she was plastered one day and started saying I was a "silly mummy" to my son so id much rather not leave him with her and my mum lives 40 mins drive away so not really pheasable.

I never knew u could go the opposite way during labour I always thought once u were dilated u were dilated lol. Strange. Can't imagine it would be a good ordeal

I wouldn't mind being a stay at home mum. I was sacked for being pregnant at 11 weeks so OH told me not to get another job because stress (we had a miscarriage in the November 2011) so he didn't want to risk it.

But I do think id like a little part time job even if its 8 hours a week lol. Just give me a little break. But no one to watch LO. OHs mum lives down the road but she's an alcoholic, and she's picked LO up when she was plastered one day and started saying I was a "silly mummy" to my son so id much rather not leave him with her and my mum lives 40 mins drive away so not really pheasable.

I never knew u could go the opposite way during labour I always thought once u were dilated u were dilated lol. Strange. Can't imagine it would be a good ordeal

I healed well from the section, I was really pleased. It was just heard lifting her around as she was a beast! I discharged myself from hospital after three days as they were messing around - the nurse told me if she were me she'd had done the same so that gave me the confidence that I was doing the right thing. I just needed my partners support as I was aching. I found the hospital beds too low for the cots and when I moved the bed it always woke her up!

Apparently the body dilates backwards if it senses something is wrong? I remember them saying your 8cm and thinking "I'm nearly there" then I was 6cm! :dohh:

That's a shame about your mil and with your mum being a little too far away. I have a meeting at work to discuss my hours, I've asked for set times off so that LO is cared for by my partner, myself and my mil so hopefully it should work out quite well.

Child care is SO expensive!!

How have you found becoming a mum? I think I've found it a little odd; I can't imagine not being without my LO now and it seems like she's always been a part of our lives but at the start I could have sworn she was someone else's and I was just looking after her!

I have found that a couple of my friends have backed right off though :nope:

Xx

I'm the same friends have just disappeared lol.

That's good your works letting you be flexible not many places do that now.

Omg tell me about it! We were told off a friend it was £650 a month for 3 or 4 days a week! No point as u wouldn't be left with much out ur wage if u worked for min wage.

I know what u mean. Feels like he's ALWAYS been here, hate being without him even if I'm just off to the shop or a walk about town when at my mums.

But I still don't feel like a mum, don't think I will till he can say "mum" or even "mama" when he was first born I wasn't sure if I wanted to touch him it felt so surreal. Didn't feel like he was mine although I have the scar to prove it lol, not to mention the stretch marks. Can't see one part of my stomach that isn't covered in them.

My friend just had a little girl in feb weight 6lb 8 or something, she was a tiny thing but all she has is 2 stretch marks at either side of her hips... Kept thinking lucky bitch I can't wear a bikini again lol!

Ur so lucky ur scar healed good! My healing process was doubled. My section was leaking yellow liquid, and started opening up again, had 2 holes in it. But then again they didn't make my partner was his hands or nothing for coming in theatre which I thought was strange :/ x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->