Anyone other ladies with high bmi

familygirl30

Reaction score
Hi ladies, we going to start trying for a baby this month my af arrived yest and I'm going to start using ovulation tests, we have a 3 yr old boy too.im very over weight and I'm trying to lose weight just wondering if any other ladies have high bmi too

I have a high bmi ... It really frustrates me the nhs go by bmi as I'm the same weight as I was when I got pregnant with dd BUT I am so much fitter (I exercise for at least 6 hours a week) and my diet is much healthier than it was .. I just seem to struggle to lose weight.

My bmi is currently 37 under the nhs it has to be under 35 in order not to be consultant led ... I really don't want a consultant again as I feel there is no need so trying to get under 35.

I'm trying to desperately get another stone off before I come off the pill in September. I put on 2 1/2 stone whilst pregnant and it's taken me 2 1/2 years to lose the gain. I'm going to continue my exercise and healthy eating just be a little more strict.

Really don't want to feel as overweight and tired as I did when pregnant with dd as I will have an almost 3 year old to look after during morning sickness & tiredness x

I'm certainly struggling with losing weight. I stopped breastfeeding a month ago and promptly gained 6lbs. I don't know what my bmi actually is but I do know it's above what it's supposed to be!

Trying to clean up my diet and plan ahead for food, but not really "dieting" as such. I had gestational diabetes and required insulin last time so I want to avoid that if all possible.

Thank you both for your replies, my bmi is 39 which I know is bad so I'm wondering now to lose much as I can now before trying for another baby :( just worrys me though as what if I wait and it takes ages to get pregnant, I'm 34 now and hubby 40

I'm the same I do worry. I'm almost 32 & fell pregnant quickly with dd but a lot of my friends have been struggling to get pregnant with their second so it makes me want to start trying now.

But then I think back to how tired I was pregnant & how fat I felt .... And I imagine that with a 2 1/2 year to run around after.

I'm going to give this weight loss a big push for the next 6-8 weeks & hopefully get another 14lb off to drop my bmi.

We can do this ����

I'm the same I do worry. I'm almost 32 & fell pregnant quickly with dd but a lot of my friends have been struggling to get pregnant with their second so it makes me want to start trying now.

But then I think back to how tired I was pregnant & how fat I felt .... And I imagine that with a 2 1/2 year to run around after.

I'm going to give this weight loss a big push for the next 6-8 weeks & hopefully get another 14lb off to drop my bmi.

We can do this ����

Yeah same here I fell pregnant quick with our son, I'm going to aim to get a stone off before ttc prob won't get Bmi down that much but least it be better, good luck

My BMI is right around 39 as well.. I'm 5 months TTC waiting on AF to come to start month 6. I gained most of my weight after a really bad car accident but I also got diagnosed this year with hashimotos. I'm currently trying to lose weight and it's been a rough time...

My BMI is right around 39 as well.. I'm 5 months TTC waiting on AF to come to start month 6. I gained most of my weight after a really bad car accident but I also got diagnosed this year with hashimotos. I'm currently trying to lose weight and it's been a rough time...

Thank you for your reply, sorry to hear you are having a tough time, I'm on a high protein low carbs diet at the mo so hoping to lose some weight, plan to start ttc on next cycle

Hi :) I came off the contraceptive injection this month; only had it one time then we decided it was a good time to try for baby #2 lol so after this AF finished we will be trying for #2! been on for 2 weeks so far though... >.>

My BMI was 38 with my DS and apart from high blood pressure which i had prior to being pregnant i had no complications, My BMI is 38 again now, I'm always out and about with DS much more active than when i was pregnant before.

I still worry a bit about what will be said by the midwives,but i'm going to try and be good, i didn't gain more than 6lbs in my last pregnancy so that was probably very helpful

I am 5'4 187 lbs. Currently trying to lower my weight too for a healthy pregnancy! I hear that sugar levels can mess with ovulation because of insulin resistance. Trying to eliminate processed foods and minimize my intake of starchy foods and sweets. I've lost about 12 lbs so far! It's easy if you eat more plant based protein and fill up on veggies and stuff :) healthy fats from avocado and almonds and salmon are not just good for our weight management, but GREAT for baby's health :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->